IGNORED

Autechre and their visual aestetics

wredny

Draft 7.30 is my personal fave

Same, especially the inner slides of the jewel CD case. I'd say it's the most organic among all of their release cover artwork. Not sure that can ever be topped in terms of complexity.

As for the cover of Amber, I understand it was photographed somewhere in Turkey. But it was so long ago I don't remember the source.

I really appreciated that Oversteps had slight differences for the artwork on each track when it came to the digital versions. The circles are all just a tiny bit different, it's really quite fun to treat them like a flip book. The vinyl packaging for that album is great too, what with the bright green on the inside of the sleeves being a huge contrast.

Untilted is my fave. Have had it as my wallpaper on my phones for years. Second is the Draft one. The EP7 frosted jewelcase is neat also, only fear that it will break and it's not something you can replace. 

My EP7 doesn't have a frosted case. Is it because I'm in the US?

Yeah I have this version as well, no frosted jewel case - for some reason the US cd was released under Trent Reznor's Nothing label for the us release rather than Warp. Anyone know the backstory to this?  Im guessing he probably just dug ep7 and wanted it give it a wider distribution stateside..

Slightly related to this thread, this photo was posted by US Dept of the Interior's facebook page the other day and it reminded me of amber's landscape, but all pixely.  Its Bryce Canyon National Park in south Utah.  Lush.

13879303_1053449851375362_69191274616360

Yeah I have this version as well, no frosted jewel case - for some reason the US cd was released under Trent Reznor's Nothing label for the us release rather than Warp. Anyone know the backstory to this? Im guessing he probably just dug ep7 and wanted it give it a wider distribution stateside..

Up until around 2001 Nothing records was the exclusive US distributor of many warp releases. Several releases by Autechre, Squarepusher and Plaid were all only available in the US via Nothing. But then that changes around 2001

So it wasn't just EP7, but also lp5 and peel session

Oddly, Trent turned down distribution of Chiastic Slide

Envane ep (1997) :

R-2504-1379473227-1224.jpeg.jpg

Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater (1935):

Fallingwater-by-Frank-Lloyd-Wright-002.j

Holy moly

I love that Frank Lloyd Wright building, how have I never noticed that before?

Also this begs the question of what Chiastic Slide's artwork is based on.

Also this begs the question of what Chiastic Slide's artwork is based on.

You're in luck. Apparently Ian Anderson is gonna explain it.

A good read but a fair few inaccuracies. Garbage and Anvil Vapre artworks were not a step back from Tri Rep, they came out before it in the UK. Also, I thought TDR didn't have anything to do with lp5, ep7 or Confield?

Looking forward to the Ian Anderson post.

A good read but a fair few inaccuracies. Garbage and Anvil Vapre artworks were not a step back from Tri Rep, they came out before it in the UK. Also, I thought TDR didn't have anything to do with lp5, ep7 or Confield?

Looking forward to the Ian Anderson post.

Yeah Confield was by The Mates themselves. Not sure about lp5 or ep7.

Yes, I've got the feeling I read somewhere (possibly AAA?) that they did lp5 and ep7 themselves too. Something about the custom lp5 case being expensive

Yes, I've got the feeling I read somewhere (possibly AAA?) that they did lp5 and ep7 themselves too. Something about the custom lp5 case being expensive

Yeah I can get behind that.

Archived