IGNORED

MNLTH - DEMOTAPE (Cassette Series)

Ifeelspace

Saw he posted this on his facebook.  5 different cassettes being released periodically.  Limited to 50 copies so thought i would post here as I suspect they wll go fast.

Sounds pretty awesome.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-monolith/mnlth-demotape-soundcloud-promoted

Sounds awesome! Any way to find out about these other than facebook? I find social media to be quite annoying, but it's increasingly becoming the advertising route of choice for bands and musicians, which rather sucks for me :/

On another note, is tape hiss the new "warmth of vinyl"? Cuz if so, I ain't hip to it, that sound still drives me up walls from my early days of recording on cassettes...

I'm bummed I missed out on mike and rich, I would've thoroughly enjoyed that one! The nice thing about the tapes is they take up less space in my collection right now, at some point in time I'm gonna run out and have to go all digital, which is fine by me cuz digital usually sounds the best anyway (what everybody knew from the getgo...)

Hate to be the guy bitching about this, but it would have been nice to know some little details about the product before placing the order; you know those little things that shouldn't matter when talking about art like eh price, how many tracks I'll get, postages etc. Previews sounded nice but tbh some of them sounded like I had heard them before on earlier MNLTH releases. Guess I'm going to pass the tape and wait for the digitals if there ever will be some. Fingers crossed.

Too expensive, I'll pass (unfortunately). Cassette are super cheap to produce, I don't get such a high price tag. Even for a limited run.

Guest bitroast

http://www.photodementia.net/DM/waft.html

" UPDATE: it has been brought to my attention that the price of the rest of the world bundle of the series was stupidily high,
and it was , was a complete boo boo on my part due to currency and postage price error,
diffrence refunds on the way for those who have purchased already... sorry Everyone!
Email if you have any queries on this " 

http://www.photodementia.net/DM/waft.html

" UPDATE: it has been brought to my attention that the price of the rest of the world bundle of the series was stupidily high,

and it was , was a complete boo boo on my part due to currency and postage price error,

diffrence refunds on the way for those who have purchased already... sorry Everyone!

Email if you have any queries on this " 

Yeah £80 for all 5 if bought that way

i have to admit i still consider 80 GBP an insane prize for 5 cassettes, considering that you get absolutely no information on the contents, the release schedule....i mean buying the single colundi 6 cassette including postage was cheaper than buying these 5 cassettes already considering the discount for buying all of them. also why do you have to e-mail them first to receive price information?

i guess i'll have to pass on these...as much as i love dave monolith.

i hope that won't put people off buying the tapes.  Figured that would happen - similar pattern to jodey kendrick's recent releases, although he seems to leave a bit of a delay before bandcamping it. 

Edited by Bernard Cribbins

I sincerely doubt tapes this collectible will stay unsold for long, esp. considering the rate at which EDM, Colundi etc releases have gone. Even if it's just scalpers looking to capitalize on the (very likely) event of these tapes going for three times the cost on Discogs...

Sad but true! At least in those cases Dave will still make his money.

• 1 month later...

NEW NOTE* sorry for the delay everyone! The amount of manual labour going in is quite high and  you will  soon see why this is, prepare for dispatch in the next few weeks

ANY QUIERES ABOUT YOUR ORDER JUST EMAIL AND WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP, MASSIVE THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE 

A quick note on confirmation if you haven't received any, I am doing everything manually
so from time to time i may miss giving you a confirmation immediately.
Once this is 100% sold out i will make sure there is a final confirmation for everyone.
Having taken it upon myself to reply to everyone individually with no generic emails what so ever,
i am sure you can appreciate this takes time. You all rock
and I thank you for your continued support for my work!!!