IGNORED

The Orb - COW / Chill Out, World!

purlieu

weird cuz moonscapes 2073 BC is *the* cut of the album

why is it <<the>> track?

I find that in each track, theres excellent moment, but also some parts i find a bit boring/long. 

moonbuilding track is the one that is perfect from beginning to the end for my taste! 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITT - people express subjective opinions and others are confused by that.

Also, whoever said there wasn't enough good ambient out there post-paulstretch hasn't been looking - I can't remember when there's been so much good ambient.

Finally, stoked for new orb, always. I'm guessing from the album title this will have a slightly more overt nod to the KLF album. The sample track up top is lovely. Shit tour dates for us in the pacific northwest.

• 4 weeks later...

I has ordered the turquoise vinyl from Kompakt for about £10 more than the standard vinyl from Bleap et all, I'm such a sucker. Artwork looks lush too.

Best Orb album in decades.  Not much else to say except just listen for yourself.  Pure pleasure

i think baghdad batteries was good quality, plus bits and pieces in cydonia, okie dokie and moonbuilding ad. wht was bicycles + tricycles about? i never even had tht one, surprisingly enough.. does anyone hav an opinion of it?  

Best Orb album in decades.  Not much else to say except just listen for yourself.  Pure pleasure

Agreed. And they didn't need to move to SoCal, buy a new computer or start with those new-age crystals.

:music:

This really does sound like a return to their roots--if someone had told me they secretly made it in between UF Orb and Pomme Fritz I would almost have believed it. Hey, they are allowed to have their own style after 25 years..

Enjoyed the listen, goes good with work at the office on my headphones, probably going to listen to it a lot over the fall.

Joyrex just shared this mix made by Paterson & Fehlmann- http://www.self-titledmag.com/2016/10/14/the-orb-exclusive-ambient-mix/

Fehlmann opens his section with this utterly breathtaking track that I've never heard before and already may be one of my favourite ambient tracks:

Joyrex just shared this mix made by Paterson & Fehlmann- http://www.self-titledmag.com/2016/10/14/the-orb-exclusive-ambient-mix/

Fehlmann opens his section with this utterly breathtaking track that I've never heard before and already may be one of my favourite ambient tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2hVWBrkhHM

lush

Great album that fitted perfectly with a hungover Sunday afternoon for me. Gave up on the Orb around Bicycles, now have to catch up again, working backwards with Moonbuilding which ain't to bad either.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Great album that fitted perfectly with a hungover Sunday afternoon for me. Gave up on the Orb around Bicycles, now have to catch up again, working backwards with Moonbuilding which ain't to bad either.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

yeah but you should probably stop there... okie dokie had some fun moments but.. god.... dirty disco dub...  :wacko:

yeah but you should probably stop there... okie dokie had some fun moments but.. god.... dirty disco dub...  :wacko:

Isn't that on the next album (The Dream)? Okie Dokie is definitely my fave album of theirs in the 21st century (still not heard COW)

me thinks th dream might be th worst release to date. i was confounded and disturbed whn i tried to listen, years back. th cow thing is good good good though, gogogo mcb.. wht r u waiting for..  :)

The Dream is def the worst, closely followed by Metallic Spheres for me. Both mostly written/produced by Youth, no coincidence.

I also thought the 2 Orbsessions album were quite good.

Archived