IGNORED

The Orb - COW / Chill Out, World!

purlieu

I also just love the rambling epic tracks they used to produce, I haven't heard Cow yet but I just know I'm going to wish it was twice as long

There's still the occasional epic ambient remix like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5xrnLMPqn4

Not listened to that yet, but 9 minutes, pah, I'm thinking 20 plus

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This album is fantastic, it's a nice return to form in my opinion. I've struggled to enjoy their tunes since Cydonia (I really like it!) Orbus Terrarum is their finest work, and they can never duplicate the quality from their nineties albums but COW will find some pretty regular rotation for me.

Great album. When you look at it in detail, there doesn't seem to be a lot happening and yet it goes by so quickly, before you know it, you're on the last track.

listened to this earlier, but wasn't giving my full attention. was also watching the barca game at the same time. initial impressions are quite good, but not as good as moonbuilding. will stick it on again when i go to bed.

Finally got round to listening to COW this morning – wow a very different beast from Moonbuilding sound wise that’s for sure. Interesting that it was released around the same time as FSOLs two Environments albums and sonically they’re really really similar – Like if you’d never heard any of the three albums and put them on shuffle you’d be hard pressed to know which track came from which artist !

It’s like Fehlmann stood back a bit and they’d drafted Cauty back in instead: Imagine making a cake with FSOL – Environments as the main batter, sprinkled in some chunks from Avalanches – Since I Left You, baked and then drizzled on some KLF – Chill Out syrup. That’s pretty much exactly this album !

listened to this a few more times now, it's very pleasant, but not a whole lot more.

Exactly this - lots of pretty ambience, though I couldn't tell you what bit was from what track, just lots of lovely moments with nothing that sticks out as a marvellous *thing*

(shh don't tell no-one - exactly what I thought with the two new FSOL albums too. Again why I compared them so!)

Kinda bit self conscious knowing the boys are on there .... I'm terrible at articulating myself so will probably end up offending them even though I really liked it but just can't remember any of it (apart from a vague 'niceness' !)

Kinda bit self conscious knowing the boys are on there .... I'm terrible at articulating myself so will probably end up offending them even though I really liked it but just can't remember any of it (apart from a vague 'niceness' !)

Lol a couple of times I almost posted some Alco nonsense on there but then decided not to bc of the boys.

Listened to this now a few times out of which I've fallen asleep maybe three or four times. It's great and has some of the feel of a spatial depth that UFOrb has also but with some more modern beats, etc.

Yes, maybe best since Orblivion.

Archived