IGNORED

New AFX music in upcoming Flying Lotus film?

atypic

He may have said that a few years ago about what he had already made, however I kind of get the sense that he has a newly found, genuine, reinvigoration in producing new tunes. I mean, back when he was uploading  a bunch of stuff, he kept talking about how he has to go work on music in soundcloud comments instead of keep uploading things, and keeps talking about musical ideas and things. Which makes me think he's really into making new music it at the moment. Hoping we get to hear some tunes come out of this period of time since syro came out. He keeps popping out of the woodwork on soundcloud to connect with fans as well. He's rushed out a lot of old stuff, and I think he specifically said that he wants to do that so then he can start releasing more of his new stuff. I think we'll get a new album soon enough, or melodies from mars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just DMed FlyLo to see if he says what kind of music Aphex is offering...

chinese-whispers.jpg

what the fuck did he say to you?

LOL, no response (as if I expected one)

Gosh darn it. Oh well, guess we'll just have to find out the old fashioned way (i.e. tons of speculation, SAW III being mentioned, unrealistic expectations followed by inevitable disappointment when it turns out to be something we've heard before, etc.).

• 4 months later...

hell yah, very curious

flyinglol said on his tweeter that the music for the movie will also be released soon

Yesterday he tweeted something about Kuso's music and sound design being long enough for a double album release. I'm honestly curious, he seems to have given a lot for this movie to see the light of the day, hopefully things will go well for him on this project!

Not sure what to make of it, stoked about the aphex music part tho. Would be kind of a bummer if it uses already released material..

Well iirc there was some tweet from FlyLo saying that all of Kuso's sound design/OST was fresh and new.

Not sure Aphex did actual tracks or sound design works, he really could do both I guess...

Here's another article, showed a recent tweet from FlyLo saying: 

@flyinglotus  It was only like 20 people out of like 400 who walked out. Wasn't as dramatic as they make it out to be. I tried to warn folks.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/kuso-flying-lotus-sundance-film-festival-walkouts-release-date-a7546781.html

Archived