IGNORED

Happy 45th Birthday Sir Richard D James

producer snafu

Happy Birthday RDJ,

You've touched many people with your work, and I hope you continue to do so.

Best wishes to you and all of those with which you surround yourself.

Adieu

Um... he's 45, not 46...

If you turn 45, you are on your 46th birthday (including the day when you was atually born, on year 0)  :wink:

Not sure how you think that's correct, since after today, he will have been alive 45 years and 1 day...

http://www-users.med.cornell.edu/~spon/picu/calc/agecalc.htm

Richard's birthday is 18 August, 1971 - note that calculator from Cornell is in US date format mm/dd/yyyy

you don't need a calculator for this... if a kid turns 3, it had a birthday when it turned 1, when it turned 2 and when it turned 3 – and the day it was born... sum=4

Yeah, the phrasing is really awkward. No one says "30th birthday party" when they are turning 29.

Birthday is a celebration of an anniversary of the birthday.

anyway autism is ruining this thread 

you don't need a calculator for this... if a kid turns 3, it had a birthday when it turned 1, when it turned 2 and when it turned 3 – and the day it was born... sum=4

I suggest you look again at the calculator I linked to... the day you are born, you are not 1 year old - you haven't lived a year (~9 months if you really want to get pedantic about it) - that's why when someone asks "how old is your baby", the response is "3 months", "9 months", etc.

So, starting from day 0 (the day you are born), you celebrate your first birthday when you reach day 365 from that day. You are exactly 1 year old, not 2. You don't reach your second birthday until you have lived 730 days.

Richard has been alive for 16437 days - not accounting for leap years, 16437 / 365 = 45.03287671232877.

Fucking hell, internet - did I actually have to explain that?

Archived