IGNORED

Metallica - Hardwired...To Self-Destruct

Twelvetrees

lars needs to go on a drumming course, they don't need to make a documentary about it. The drums are essential in metal, rhythmic complexity is a necessity. The drums have to riff as hard as the guitars do and in the case of the OP song, make up for the lack there of.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hetfield is just a total redneck cunt.

Lars can't play drums but you'd probably have a laugh with him. Though after a while he would get on your nerves.

Kirk is probably a very nice polite person. And probably quite funny and the best company.

The other bloke from Suicidal Tendencies pretends to be a Crab Beast Bloke.

Ulrich told Rolling Stone the new album is simpler than ‘Death Magnetic’. He said: “We introduce a mood and stick to it, rather than songs we've done where one riff happens and we go over here and then over there and it becomes a journey through all these different soundscapes. The songs are more linear. It cruises along a little bit more than the last record.”

-reported

Ulrich told Rolling Stone the new album is simpler than ‘Death Magnetic’. He said: “We introduce a mood and stick to it, rather than songs we've done where one riff happens and we go over here and then over there and it becomes a journey through all these different soundscapes. The songs are more linear. It cruises along a little bit more than the last record.”

wow thats deep

Heard this track on Steve Lamacqs Roundtable which is a weekly thing for me. I thought it sounded fantastic!! What was weird was the fuck and shit lyric was masked/edited by some industrial scraping sandpaper sound. And made it sounded far, far, far better.

“I think so. ‘Hardwired’ is the perfect statement to lead into this body of music. I think this album sounds crushing. Sound-wise, it’s got a lot of firepower. I’m excited about the songs, but I’m also excited about the sound quality of the record. Greg Fidelman did a great job with the production.”

“It’s really fun music, but it’s also challenging. It can be a bit complex, but there’s strong melodies. I feel we’ve matured in the right way as a band. We’ve had a lot of creative challenges over the years and as we’ve gotten older, we’ve been going for it, you know?”

- Robert Trujillo

Maybe 'cause the suns out on a bank holiday, but I'm actually beginning to look forward to listening to this.

When I heard it on on bbc radio (compared to the other dull, whiney, oh-so-whimsical-but-profound indie-singer-songwriter boredom) it actually sounded fucking brilliant. I dunno it was beast style.

Hail the Beast :diablo:

Hetfield is just a total redneck cunt.

Lars can't play drums but you'd probably have a laugh with him. Though after a while he would get on your nerves.

Kirk is probably a very nice polite person. And probably quite funny and the best company.

The other bloke from Suicidal Tendencies pretends to be a Crab Beast Bloke.

I love Kirk, he collects horror memorabilia and seems very sweet. His face in Some Kind of Monster when he was told they were losing guitar solos for St. Anger was heart-breaking, like a kid being told Santa was dead.

Hetfield's voice has really gone to shit these days, and so has his lyric writing ability.

Lars is a cunt and just fucking sucks at everything, rather than the snare being a problem now it's the weird ass kick.

The riffs are just so generic, and the tone is dull.

Metallica should have hung up the hat a long time ago... But, since they insist on making music still, I'll say they could REALLY benefit from working with a different producer; someone known for working with metal bands. Also, I don't care if he's been at it for years Lars could really benefit from taking some drum lessons.

Kek

Justice is so dry

Needs lub a bit

I have inconditional love for master though, its mudness satisfies me

Justice is great, but they mixed Jason's bass too low in the mix, because Lars and James were dicks to him during the recording... Find the "And Justice For Jason" master that floats around the net, it greatly improves the mixing.

Kek

Justice is so dry

Needs lub a bit

I have inconditional love for master though, its mudness satisfies me

Justice is great, but they mixed Jason's bass too low in the mix, because Lars and James were dicks to him during the recording... Find the "And Justice For Jason" master that floats around the net, it greatly improves the mixing.

yeah i've heard that mix but it's not justice to me ears. I like to ear justice with its own defaults.

About the bass, Cliff Burton has just died by this time, maybe it was an hommage to him to not give enough space to Jason, i dunno....

I really enjoyed the black album.  I seem to be the only one on the planet that will freely admit to that.  That album was so massive, half the people on the planet must have bought it.  Because of that album I had many kids at school coming up to me going "Hey... this metal thing seems really cool, can you recommend anything else?"  Hell yeah, I can.  Evey album before it, and all these other cool bands too.  For me, I thought they had nailed maturity in the songwriting without losing the essence of what made them great in the first place.  Not to mention the subsequent tour where they were still playing alot of the old stuff with a ridiculous level of ferocity (Watch 'Live shit, binge and purge').  James' voice was just in beast mode.

Load however, was a complete shock.  They (for the first time) seemed completely unsure of themselves and the quality of the songwriting went through the floor as they seemed to have made a few decisions to try and fit into the current climate.  James' monster of a voice had become like a parody of itself.

I've never been able to muster any enthusiasm for anything after that.  It just sounds like some dudes trying to cover their early stuff, but not as well.  Also, they should have driven over to Jason's house and given him a big hug and profusely apologised for all the treatment over the years (maybe they have?.... nah) and begged him to come back.  They were lucky to have him.  Dicks.

Archived