IGNORED

Dear Bochum Welt

beerwolf

I had an ancient crappy MP3 copy of the Phial ep, damn that's an amazing record. And I do have Scharlach Eingang, it's awesome. Those 4 records you listed would make a great full length if you combined them. I'm actually considering just buying Phial now that I think about it, it's really killer. But don't forget Program 11 on Elypsia, you can still pick that up cheap, unlike Phial. 'New Europa' is stellar, one of my faves by him.

Yes, I bought Phial a few months ago. It's so good, but you don't get it cheap. And yes, Program 11 is equally good with 'New Europa' as a standout track. Crazy how the mood shifts around there and how well it works. First you get a melancholic 'serious' kind of melody in the background, then a wacky bit, then a 'fun' bassy melody and then those blissful high synths... (sorry, don't know what to call what -> synths, pads, etc, hence baby words)

I completely forgot about this one:

Short but sweet, no one is shorter or sweeter

http://youtu.be/itXogRgFE1Y

Now the question is, where did I put my copy of this record? It's here somewhere. And I just remembered this:

http://www.universetoday.com/130276/earth-like-planet-around-proxima-centauri-discovered/

http://youtu.be/mFka5LSZZPE

• 2 weeks later...

Listened to Robotic Operating Buddy yesterday and it’s still sweet as honey. Really really strong album/comp. I’ve loved it from the moment I first heard it. Goes to my TOP5 releases ever. Includes my favorite BW tracks and I must confess that when compared to those, I wouldn’t really need other BW releases to fulfill my hunger for Gianluigi magic, although I really like stuff on Phial, Program 11 etc. too.

But BW bandcamp, why not. Although I have some nice rips of the vinyl-only releases, would be sweet to have proper (legal) versions of those. Especially Scharlach Eingang! Dunno why it wasn’t included on R.O.B. Can’t believe it was a licensing issue since Rephlex had already released their own edition ages ago.

If I recall correctly, he was rich coming out the gate. Then he did that work with Dolby, which was surely profitable for him. If he put a Bandcamp up for his classics, we'd make him a lot of cash but I bet he doesn't care.

Yeah, and if he now works for Apple he doesn’t really need my nickels got from a nice lady next door for mowing her front yard.

• 3 months later...

Hmmmm, maybe I should of been more serious, philosophical and edgy with my opening gambit?

The drunken lad, back slapping mate approach may of been a foolish tactic. More than likely lol.

I actually PM'd him on Facebook some months ago and he very kindly replied back. I raised the question about availability of digital releases and he said that at this time the only platforms that distribute his tunes are iTunes and Amazon. He asked me if I know any good platforms that sell lossless music and I replied; from there he disappeared.

I guess he's just a busy guy, working a lot and producing in his spare time. Last week he posted a pic on BW's Instagram profile saying that he is in music production mode :)

He really is in my super top favourites. Lately, I ended up buying R.O.B. and Good Programs on CD and Elan EP and Kissing a Robot Goodbye on MP3, all with some great deals on Amazon. Inside R.O.B. there was also a white Rephlex logo sticker, very nostalgic.

Archived