IGNORED

The Millennial Whoop

Joyrex

THE MILLENNIAL WHOOP: A GLORIOUS OBSESSION WITH THE MELODIC ALTERNATION BETWEEN THE FIFTH AND THE THIRD

https://thepatterning.com/2016/08/20/the-millennial-whoop-a-glorious-obsession-with-the-melodic-alternation-between-the-fifth-and-the-third/

Can't say I payed much mind to the 'Whoop' particularly.

What I've definitely noticed in the past three years, though, is a glut of electronic tracks featuring mononymous female vocalists singing in a breathy, idiosyncratic style and having said vocal lines sliced up in a manner that I've dubbed 'freestyling retard cyborg'. It was fine when only a few producers were doing it but in the past year or so it's really caught on.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

What I've definitely noticed in the past three years, though, is a glut of electronic tracks featuring mononymous female vocalists singing in a breathy, idiosyncratic style and having said vocal lines sliced up in a manner that I've dubbed 'freestyling retard cyborg'. It was fine when only a few producers were doing it but in the past year or so it's really caught on.

Yes! I have heard this in a lot of tracks it's a trend at them moment, kind of annoying.

Yeah I've noticed this, it's quite annoying.. Even Filter used it in one of their songs:

ugh yeah I hate that one

Archived