IGNORED

Roland is doing something 909 again

digman

Never understood the love for the 909. 

What?  That's basically saying "I never understood techno."  909 is phat with distortion and unique enough to be recognized but generic enough to be used in everything.  Like Helvetica, it's tight but played out.

It's historically a 'classic' machine that has been used in a lot of tracks but I prefer that 808 kick, snare, hats, clap any day of the week. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like 808 for slower tunes, but for 140-150 the 909 clap & hats are so perfect to me...   trying to imagine an album like the 4th sign without a 909, or mills on an 808 is just weirdddd

What?  That's basically saying "I never understood techno."  909 is phat with distortion and unique enough to be recognized but generic enough to be used in everything.  Like Helvetica, it's tight but played out.

It's historically a 'classic' machine that has been used in a lot of tracks but I prefer that 808 kick, snare, hats, clap any day of the week

Even gabber Thursdays?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3Oj-Dq-MM

Well memed sir

• 2 weeks later...

Jaysus, how different sounding will the new boutique 303 be to the Aria TB-3? or even pricing!?

looks like it has more of the original features which the TB-3 lacked

I was very disappointed with the JX-03 (JX3P) version, so i wonder if they'll be majorly weaker sounding or just grand

You can hear the new 303 ting at about 1:10 in the video here:

https://serato.com/dj808

Granted, if you wait 24 hours, you'll prolly hear 500 videos.

yeah sounds very aira like to me... there's just something about the sound to my ears that's very digital...like the release is a bit too quick and there's not enough liquidity and movement - a bit sterile (which I guess you would expect from a v/a). don't think they've nailed the sound here and from what I can gather from this very limited audio sample, i reckon it's got the same engine as the TB-3.

:facepalm:

Naw, dude- this facepalm is totally on point. I saw some other "909" thing on Roland's page, but the model was DJ-99 or someshit. What? If you're gonna plaster "909" on your product, fucking use that in the product name/code/asshole.

As a Japanese, I'm looking at my options for DNA reassignment, cuz Roland has seriously been a disappointment in recent years. The only reason why I'm not ritualistic suiciding is cuz Korg has been rocking the scene proper.

Seriously, man, what the FUCK does plastering "909" on products and coloring them like the TR-909 have to do with fucking anything. That's like if Steven Spielberg directed a new film and just put E.T. windsurfing in the background.

They have a digital wind instrument that looks like a ship from Tron though.

roland-ae-10-wind-instrument.png

oh damn that looks sick

also why hasn't anyone made an IDM as fuck video with one of those MIDI accordions yet?!

Archived