I know this one is gonna be a hard sell for ya joydad but wouldn't it be cool if creators of threads could have an "anonymous posting on/off" switch? People should have the right to contribute anonymously if they so please, but only thread creators can choose when it is or isn't allowed, for example, if someone is creating a thread where they fear they might get flamed, they can set it so its regular posting only. If someone wants to do a thread like "most embarrassing idm goofs of 2016", people can choose to share without having to disclose their identity. Regular watmm rules should still apply to anynomous posts and users can be moderated at for them just the same. In the perfect world mods wouldn't be able to tell the identities unless they had to take action, but if they are thats understandable.

Even if we were to entertain this idea, the Mods would certainly not be excluded from knowing who is posting what - plus I think that would encourage "shitposting". The internet offers a degree of anonymity as it is; I don't think more is needed. People shouldn't be afraid to speak their mind, and conversely, be able to stand behind what they say.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fix the post editor! It's still a mess like Jeb!

Am I one of the few who have that little button on the top left permanently switched on?

makes quoting, copy/pasting, posting in general so much easier

the post editor can go wonky sometimes and mess up quoting or embedding (especially for ye olde corporate-mandated IE users). some things I've experienced:

- images will be hyperlinked text instead of embedding properly

- pressing the Edit button after posting brings up two different editor boxes neither of which work properly

- Multiquote button just doesn't work sometimes

- if you're using multiple quotes in the Full Editor to build a longer post, and you press Preview, it messes up the quotes royally sometimes, especially nested ones

I don't know if these are specific bugs that can be targeted or if they're just too embedded in the post editor system to be fixable. some are probably just shitty old IE (I use Chrome at home and it works better overall). can you swap between different post editors in IPB?

the post editor can go wonky sometimes and mess up quoting or embedding (especially for ye olde corporate-mandated IE users). some things I've experienced:

- images will be hyperlinked text instead of embedding properly

- pressing the Edit button after posting brings up two different editor boxes neither of which work properly

- Multiquote button just doesn't work sometimes

- if you're using multiple quotes in the Full Editor to build a longer post, and you press Preview, it messes up the quotes royally sometimes, especially nested ones

I don't know if these are specific bugs that can be targeted or if they're just too embedded in the post editor system to be fixable. some are probably just shitty old IE (I use Chrome at home and it works better overall). can you swap between different post editors in IPB?

It sounds like most of your issues are IE-related - what version of IE are you using? I would hope at least 11, as that is the minimum supported IE Microsoft has now.

The post editor in the new forum software is much better than this one, as they are both built on the popular CKEditor, and the new forum software uses a much more recent version than this version.

Am I one of the few who have that little button on the top left permanently switched on?

*High fives* another member of the special 'BBCode Mode' crew :)

*High fives* another member of the special 'BBCode Mode' crew :)

normal posting mode is a MESS

• 4 weeks later...

Could we have an automatic rolling lol option ? Just beside the "multiquote" and "quote" buttons below every message, a third "Roll the lol" button that does it automatically - I'm only half joking here.

Could we have an automatic rolling lol option ? Just beside the "multiquote" and "quote" buttons below every message, a third "Roll the lol" button that does it automatically - I'm only half joking here.

That would be actually kinda cool! Too easy for abuse though.

Will I be able to log in with my computer again? (for several months now my psw and username only works on iOS?)

Try clearing your browser cookies for WATMM, or do a password reset.

can we have a "check thread for image" option or something that alerts for reposts of images so i have less anxiety about posting memes?

not a joke btw would love this feature but not sure how easy it would be. 

I'm looking at an addon that shows you the images in a thread separately from the posts, so that might help. What you're describing would be quite a feat programming-wise (basically it's the way Google Image Search: Search by Image works).

Archived