somewhere to talk about EPs and singles

standard 1st post templates for releases

better search functionality for finding archived releases related to:artist, release, date, label, genre etc.

the ability to go back and link discog pages to posts about releases, or update the original data in 1st post.

EPs and Singles - I don't see why they wouldn't go in New Releases - perhaps with a tag or topic prefix?

Agreed on the 1st post template - I think there was an addon to do this... I'll look into it.

Sadly, the search even on the new forum isn't much better than what we have (although we do have a Google Search as an option right now), but there is a lot more you can do with the new forum/site software that might make a custom search possible.

I like the idea of a Discogs link being standard for releases - the only issue might be is when something is NOT on Discogs (does that ever happen)?

I suppose I can see why it would just be in new releases, in my head I probably that there's probably 4-5 new EP/12" releases I could post/week. So just the heavy stream of single might make it difficult to find album threads with a search function that is frustrating to use.

If it would help the search function could we get the standard 1st post to automatically generate the thread tags, rather then having people tagging threads as random shit.

I would just like the ability to edit the 1st post to update release info for releases. Discog page was a suggestion because it's sort of independent and help people to find somewhere to purchase the release where ever they want to. I don't know if you have any problem having dedicated fields for record stores? Maybe bandcamp since it's artist driven.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

somewhere to talk about EPs and singles

standard 1st post templates for releases

better search functionality for finding archived releases related to:artist, release, date, label, genre etc.

the ability to go back and link discog pages to posts about releases, or update the original data in 1st post.

EPs and Singles - I don't see why they wouldn't go in New Releases - perhaps with a tag or topic prefix?

Agreed on the 1st post template - I think there was an addon to do this... I'll look into it.

Sadly, the search even on the new forum isn't much better than what we have (although we do have a Google Search as an option right now), but there is a lot more you can do with the new forum/site software that might make a custom search possible.

I like the idea of a Discogs link being standard for releases - the only issue might be is when something is NOT on Discogs (does that ever happen)?

I suppose I can see why it would just be in new releases, in my head I probably that there's probably 4-5 new EP/12" releases I could post/week. So just the heavy stream of single might make it difficult to find album threads with a search function that is frustrating to use.

If it would help the search function could we get the standard 1st post to automatically generate the thread tags, rather then having people tagging threads as random shit.

I would just like the ability to edit the 1st post to update release info for releases. Discog page was a suggestion because it's sort of independent and help people to find somewhere to purchase the release where ever they want to. I don't know if you have any problem having dedicated fields for record stores? Maybe bandcamp since it's artist driven.

There is a new forum feature called Activity Streams that you can set up customized 'feeds' for content on the site - for example, you could set up an Activity Stream to show you "all the new topics created in New and Upcoming Releases since my last visit" or similar.

Auto-generating the tags would be hugely dependent on what the poster puts in the content of the post - I think we could set up some default tags similar to what we have for the Featured Artists that would help in classifying things (EP, Single, LP, CD, Vinyl, Cassette, WAV, FLAC, MP3, iTunes, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Boomkat, etc.)

I'll see if there is an addon that allows first posts to be exclusively edited in a particular forum - if not, I am sure we could get someone with PHP skillz to code it for us, and make a buck or two in the addon Marketplace they have for the forum software.

well now that i've actually looked and seen that it's only 3 dollars a year. fine. i might as well...

That's the spirit! This is not (and never has been) a money-making venture... just self-supporting at the minimum!

I used to post at a forum where you could choose to reply to a specific post, and near the date-stamp at the top of a reply (ie JR's last post, "Posted Today, 11:24 AM") it would say "[Re: user100a]" or something, which you could click and it would take you back to that post in the thread. It was incredibly useful for figuring out who was discussing what in longer threads, and it would be awesome to see it implemented here. Is something like that possible?

1. some kind of watmm radio- has been discussed already. programming the channel might be tricky. how about a tool that just plays the most recent 10, 50, 100 tracks? or that dumps the last 100 tracks in the AFX subforum?  the EKT forum, etc. this might be super useful for threads that are "post your favorite detroit sounding stuff here" or "what afx tracks are fixated on these days"

2. less vertical space per post

3. the ability to edit my own posts for 24 hrs, not 5 min or whatever it is.

I used to post at a forum where you could choose to reply to a specific post, and near the date-stamp at the top of a reply (ie JR's last post, "Posted Today, 11:24 AM") it would say "[Re: user100a]" or something, which you could click and it would take you back to that post in the thread. It was incredibly useful for figuring out who was discussing what in longer threads, and it would be awesome to see it implemented here. Is something like that possible?

You can already do this - off to the right of the quote, there is a link that will take you to the original post. Is that what you mean?

1. some kind of watmm radio- has been discussed already. programming the channel might be tricky. how about a tool that just plays the most recent 10, 50, 100 tracks? or that dumps the last 100 tracks in the AFX subforum?  the EKT forum, etc. this might be super useful for threads that are "post your favorite detroit sounding stuff here" or "what afx tracks are fixated on these days"

2. less vertical space per post

3. the ability to edit my own posts for 24 hrs, not 5 min or whatever it is.

RE: WATMM Radio - since we will be coding it, we can see what options there are for scraping forums for audio content to populate playlists.

Vertical space - I think theme features will and can solve those issues. I'm a big fan of having the avatar a bit smaller, and use up that space at the top of each post to hold user info instead. I think having it a toggleable feature on a per-user basis would be helpful too.

Editing posts - the biggest issue with editing posts and providing a long post-edit time is people tend to "revise history" given this ability. We might have some wiggle room on the times for each subscription package though...

what about just making a watmm plug.dj room and linking it in the main page side bar?

I'd need to know more about plug.dj and see if we can incorporate it as an addon or similar. I'd also want some sort of control over the room being a free-for-all instead of a resource exclusively for the WATMM community.

Is there a way of marking a thread or PM as "unread" so I remember to come back to it later to reply? This would be useful - especially with PMs.

You can already do this - there are checkboxes beside each post on the right, and at the bottom is a dropdown - select the posts you want to mark as unread, and then choose "mark as unread" from the list.

Bring back the arcade

(And the nice tits thread)

Ah, the arcade - unfortunately, in this day and age where Flash is a dirty word, nobody's updated the arcade addon for modern audiences.

And go somewhere else for your titty fix.

A user tag system would be nice, like the one on Reddit w/ RES

like for example a customizable item on the Gender, Location, Interests, etc column where you could put whatever, like, "makes ambient", "hates turks", etc. There's too many users here to remember who's who

Hey Joyrex.

This appears to be some kind of music forum, but I'm actually much more interested in tits. Is there any way you could change this forum, so I don't have to go somewhere else?

:trashbear:

Hey Joyrex.

This appears to be some kind of music forum, but I'm actually much more interested in tits. Is there any way you could change this forum, so I don't have to go somewhere else?

:trashbear:

OH SURE SINCE YOU ASKED... NOT!

Can we at least name the people great tits are attached to?

I'm for this. No images or links allowed at all, just all of us naming women who have nice tits, perhaps in varying amounts of detail describing the picture in which their tits look the nicest. But nothing lewd written ever, just names and descriptions and kind, respectable comments. Hella IDM.

The point isn't the tits, the point is sharing the tits with people you barely know and while jacking off, knowing that they are doing it too

Yeah... that pretty much sums up why we got rid of that nonsense...

Oh, c'mon - NO - go somewhere else to discuss your love of fat-filled sacs!

well now that i've actually looked and seen that it's only 3 dollars a year. fine. i might as well...

Think of it as buying Papa a drink once a year

Exactly - 'cept I don't drink! Well, a coffee I guess then :dadjoke:

I'm for this. No images or links allowed at all, just all of us naming women who have nice tits, perhaps in varying amounts of detail describing the picture in which their tits look the nicest. But nothing lewd written ever, just names and descriptions and kind, respectable comments. Hella IDM.

No, because just the idea of it is rather creepy, no? and then it will be links to Google Image searches, which will lead to referrers back to WATMM... no thanks.

Look, no more nice tits requests. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.

I will admit having a nice tits thread without any images IS pretty IDM though...

That's good to know - the forum runs on PHP, and so any addons/modules for it are PHP as well.

xf has been really busy with other things, so depending on your experience and skill level, we may want you to help make WATMM Radio a reality, and possibly a few other WATMM-centric things I've always wanted to do...

Appreciate the offer of assistance!

Archived