IGNORED

Bad advice you've been given or does not make sense

Bechuga

But I digress, point being, doctors & other health professionals fucking suck a lot of the time, and they will quite literally ruin your body if you allow them to.

Good doctors don't. They can save lives

Right but a very low percentage of doctors actually go about healing people without drug interventions which is the problem I'm talking about.

Others will use invasive and often unnecessary surgeries to fix problems that could be resolved with diet and supplementation.

"saving lives" is a poor phrasing. It should be "keeping people alive and suffering", because that's often what it is. 

We have extended our lifespans a great deal, but our actual health state is decreasing as a society.

The authoritarian approach to health as perpetuated by doctors and the drug industry is a failure and needs immediate reform.

When a snake bites me I die without a doctor that gives me the rigtht antidote, just as an example. I wouldn't say it's "a poor phrasing" to call that saving life. Sure, some approaches of convential medicine could be improved, but all in all we can be happy that there is conventional medicine. It's not that bad

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be fair the 'health' industry is no better. charlatans and hacks abound.

Health industry folks are not supported by the government and portrayed as unquestionable authorities when they are in fact not at all

Nor is there a massive industry influencing the way they operate and approach health status overall which is what the pharma industry does to the healthcare industry

But I digress, point being, doctors & other health professionals fucking suck a lot of the time, and they will quite literally ruin your body if you allow them to.

Good doctors don't. They can save lives

Right but a very low percentage of doctors actually go about healing people without drug interventions which is the problem I'm talking about.

Others will use invasive and often unnecessary surgeries to fix problems that could be resolved with diet and supplementation.

"saving lives" is a poor phrasing. It should be "keeping people alive and suffering", because that's often what it is. 

We have extended our lifespans a great deal, but our actual health state is decreasing as a society.

The authoritarian approach to health as perpetuated by doctors and the drug industry is a failure and needs immediate reform.

When a snake bites me I die without a doctor that gives me the rigtht antidote, just as an example. I wouldn't say it's "a poor phrasing" to call that saving life. Sure, some approaches of convential medicine could be improved, but all in all we can be happy that there is conventional medicine. It's not that bad

we are not talking about the same thing

what is this modern day issue with drinking cows milk? c'mon, really?

I've seen documentaries on cheeky, cheerful teenage african boys who cross hundreds of miles of desert with a herd of cows from one small water hole to another, the lad keeps himself alive by sipping from the milky delicious teats of his herd. He has done the same thing as generations of his family, and is hundred times fitter, faster and happier and more alive than the fucking first-world guru cunts who moan about cows milk is bad for you 'because the human stomach hasn't developed or evolved enough to ingest the fatty acids of cows'. Please do me a favour. And fuck off. Because it gets right on my tits.

I've seen documentaries on cheeky, cheerful teenage african boys who cross hundreds of miles of desert with a herd of cows from one small water hole to another, the lad keeps himself alive by sipping from the milky delicious teats of his herd. He has done the same thing as generations of his family, and is hundred times fitter, faster and happier and more alive than the fucking first-world guru cunts who moan about cows milk is bad for you 'because the human stomach hasn't developed or evolved enough to ingest the fatty acids of cows'. Please do me a favour. And fuck off. Because it gets right on my tits.

I don't at all subscribe to the 'human haven't evolved to drink milk' nonsense...humans have evolved to crave sugar, fat, and salt...but that says nothing about those things being healthy.

The thing with milk/dairy is that it was propped up by the 'strong bones' myth which turned out to be...a myth I guess which I said in the first part of this sentence so I ruined it and should probably delete all this but my right thumb is too lazy to reach the backspace button...

Also, it appears that beyond some threshold, dairy increases prone-ness to certain cancers...I'm not sure how robust these findings or if they've been followed up on

Health Triage has a video on milk/dairy that very comprehensively runs through the data on milk and health

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hzyFZcuHmeI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hzyFZcuHmeI

I think it's more to do with the hormones, etc. given to cows (especially in the US). I just don't think it tastes very nice though.

edit: also concerns about animal cruelty (again, in the US)

Ethical concerns aside,

Milk appears to have virtually zero health benefits

But beyond that, in excess it damages your GI lining and prevents iron absorption

And no calcium does not strengthen your bones

Everyone is full of advice. I got drunk one night with some coworkers and one guy was like *burrrp* "Buy a house! Just do it!". The next day he was on the phone trying to solve the problem of frozen pipes and he was like "dude, never buy a fucking house." I think he bought another house.

in western countries milk is over-processed, pasteurization denatures the proteins contained in milk, most specifically casein, which causes it to be mostly a source of inflammation. Furthermore, lactose is not well tolerated by many people in general nor is it beneficial for insulin response, and once you've chronically disrupted your insulin response then you begin to have metabolic problems. Raw milk is healthy and is a good source of important nutrients, but butter and ghee are better and safer in that regard.

Problem being obviously that unless you're going direct to consumer in most places you will not find raw milk. Pasteurized milk is advertised as "safer", but really it's a process by which you can take the product of a sick animal and feed it to people.

most commercial milk otherwise contains hormones, pesticides, and antibiotics. none of which are beneficial to you.

There are other things to consider like triglycerides, but honestly I don't pay that much attention to milk, because I've zero necessity for it in my diet.

I've been drinking sugar free vanilla almond milk for a few years now, and I tried some average grocery milk the other day and it tasted like a weird alcohol. it was disgusting.

yes, medical doctors don't know shit about health and science

Antibiotics are irresponsible for a number of reasons, but a leading cause of chronic illness and lowered resiliency.

NERI's are dangerous and irresponsible. not an actual solution either, because most attention issues are caused by diet and lifestyle.

SSRI's are dangerous and in a lot of cases ineffective. definitely over-prescribed.

Using radiation to treat cancer, which is a metabolic disease is not even that logical and also dangerous and cost prohibitive 

Statins are dangerous and unhealthy. high total cholesterol isn't even a true marker for cardiac risk.

NSAID's are dangerous and damage mitochondrial function

So yeah, all of these are regularly prescribed so I'd say the people prescribing them don't understand their job.

I don't at all subscribe to the 'human haven't evolved to drink milk' nonsense...humans have evolved to crave sugar, fat, and salt...but that says nothing about those things being healthy.

The thing with milk/dairy is that it was propped up by the 'strong bones' myth which turned out to be...a myth I guess which I said in the first part of this sentence so I ruined it and should probably delete all this but my right thumb is too lazy to reach the backspace button...

Also, it appears that beyond some threshold, dairy increases prone-ness to certain cancers...I'm not sure how robust these findings or if they've been followed up on

Health Triage has a video on milk/dairy that very comprehensively runs through the data on milk and health

Fat and salt are both necessary and healthy. The natural source for our desire for sugar comes from fructose which is beneficial to an extent.

The cravings that people get when they are overeating sugar and carbs is actually a malfunctioning of the reward system due to habitually poor diet.

Antibiotics are irresponsible for a number of reasons, but a leading cause of chronic illness and lowered resiliency.

NERI's are dangerous and irresponsible. not an actual solution either, because most attention issues are caused by diet and lifestyle.

SSRI's are dangerous and in a lot of cases ineffective. definitely over-prescribed.

Using radiation to treat cancer, which is a metabolic disease is not even that logical and also dangerous and cost prohibitive 

Statins are dangerous and unhealthy. high total cholesterol isn't even a true marker for cardiac risk.

So yeah, all of these are regularly prescribed so I'd say the people prescribing them don't understand their job.

speak for yourself and your own experiences only. maybe that's how doctors do in your neck of the woods, but it's not true of the medical profession in general.

speak for yourself and your own experiences only. maybe that's how doctors do in your neck of the woods, but it's not true of the medical profession in general.

I wouldn't argue against the fact that the USA is likely the worst offender 

Adieu, I agree with you up to a point, but you make it sound like doctors are homeless people pulled off the street and given a stethoscope and a flip-pad.

the US healthcare industry is simply out of touch with what health and healing are, and how to properly administer it. this isn't just my opinion. this is the opinion of many well educated and well respected people, and the data supports my opinion.

I'm offended that people that are so well educated and trained are so awful at their jobs because the result is suffering and death. I've personally experienced this through various doctors and varying fields of medicine. Coupled with the health insurance industry the american people are basically getting jacked.

You're much better off looking at how to heal your own problems and use doctors as diagnostic resources only. when you understand how your body works then you can apply the multitude of available & much safer and permanent solutions than drugs to your own body. You'll be more successful and it will costs less. 

the drug industry is a fucking joke and doctors are the pushers

http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/press-releases/2015/oct/us-spends-more-on-health-care-than-other-nations

US Spends More on Health Care Than Other High-Income Nations But Has Lower Life Expectancy, Worse Health

how 'bout this, adieu: out of all people medical doctors know the least about health, drugs and science

lol was this better?

i mean, all of those points about drugs and treatments are known to you but medical doctors don't know about them? why? what is goin on? lol now let's find another answer that can fit into a black&white point of view...

Archived