IGNORED

The Obligatory iPhone 7/Apple Watch "Series 2" Thread

Joyrex

Isn't it apples marketing tho? Or have they stopped putting that in adverts now that it doesn't really work

I think they dropped it ~10 years ago. In the US anyway. It was always a shit slogan though.

that used to be the case. things did just work. i think they dropped it when they stopped just working.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what - no it's just a file sharing thing for mac. drag a file to the menu bar, it copies a direct link to the file to the pasteboard. quickest way to share pics I found... unfortunately they incorporated a watermark in the new version's free tier...

btw how do you guys share pics from iOS to watmm..? I mean pics which you have locally stored. I upload them to imgur via the imgur website, then copy-paste the bbcode direct link - it sucks! there has to be a better solution, where basically step 1: upload image, step 2: there is no step 2.

btw how do you guys share pics from iOS to watmm..? I mean pics which you have locally stored. I upload them to imgur via the imgur website, then copy-paste the bbcode direct link - it sucks! there has to be a better solution, where basically step 1: upload image, step 2: there is no step 2.

tapatalk does it all directly in app without the need for imgur or similar.

I don't like the UI, also it's spammy / tries to drag you into it in a weird way.. If I would use a dozen forums I'd see the appeal, but only for watmm - nah thanks.. watmm works well enough on the iPad, all I want is a nice image upload -> bb-image-tagged-direct-link solution

I don't like the UI, also it's spammy / tries to drag you into it in a weird way.. If I would use a dozen forums I'd see the appeal, but only for watmm - nah thanks.. watmm works well enough on the iPad, all I want is a nice image upload -> bb-image-tagged-direct-link solution

The ads in the latest update are fucking massive, and you have to scroll past them to reach the Next Page button.

You'll be happy to know the new forum software offers responsive views, meaning there is no longer a mobile skin - the forum will resize to accommodate smaller screens, and the upload feature will allow uploads from your mobile device, Google Drive, etc. as well as inserting URLs from other sources.

Some good points raised here about MacOS Sierra, and some of the same complaints I'm reading online from musicians willing to speak up:

http://cdm.link/2016/09/apples-relationship-pro-music-needs-mending/?utm_source=synthtopia&utm_medium=synthtopia&utm_campaign=synthtopia

The only people who still say "it just works" are ranting Windows/Android users.

so?

What? The post above that made it sound as if Apple users go around quoting marketing materials from 15 years ago. Apple forums are full of whining, just like every other kind of consumer tech forum/discussion. 

The only people who still say "it just works" are ranting Windows/Android users.

so?

What? The post above that made it sound as if Apple users go around quoting marketing materials from 15 years ago. Apple forums are full of whining, just like every other kind of consumer tech forum/discussion. 

Nah, I didn't literally mean Apple users always say "it just works" I just meant the "ease of use, stability etc. etc. argument"

so?

Nah, I didn't literally mean Apple users always say "it just works" I just meant the "ease of use, stability etc. etc. argument"

My mistake.  American cell carriers make Android a shittier experience here than in other places, so that might explain some of the (online) ease of use and stability talk. Fwiw, I'd go back to Android in a heartbeat if I could get timely updates on an American carrier, and/or if Samsung/HTC supported their devices longer.

Hahah, it's cool. I actually feel kind of like a dick talking like that about people who prefer to use Apple, guess I just liked to let some frustation out. Who cares what people like to buy really? I guess it's just because I can't afford Apple and start to look for reasons why I wouldn't be interested anyway (gotta say there are some objective downsides like the lack of an SD slot though). 

I've got a Samsung S5 Mini right now, but the TouchWiz android version of Samsung is so bloated and sucks ass so bad. I wish I did some more research before I bought it. I'm using the Google Now Launcher now though, which makes things a bit more okay. I would say don't buy Samsung, not until they get rid of ugly touchwiz. A device with just the "normal" android is probably best

I've got the paid app and don't get the ads, but fair enough if it ain't for you... The Imgur app makes things easier than using the website

unfortunately not - the imgur app is fucking useless. You upload, and the only thing you can copy to the clipboard is a link to their website. I need a no-fuss direct link to an image, and even better make it surrounded with IMG tag.

holy shit if there's a thing I hate more than crappy websites it's shitty apps like this tbqh.

really? I haven't used it in a while coz I use tapatalk but it used to give you the BBCode link with image tags etc straight from the app... Can't see why they would change that feature but if they have seems like a bad move

Have we done this one yet in here?

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/26/video-claiming-drilling-into-iphone-7-reveal-hidden-headphone-port-goes-viral

The comments on the youtub are frightening in revealing just how dumb humanity is.

Archived