IGNORED

The Obligatory iPhone 7/Apple Watch "Series 2" Thread

Joyrex

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

i like the new iphone. Dont understand all the whining about the audio jack. People just like to moan. The only thing i dont like is the protective glass verizon sent me. 50 dollars down the shitter

The only thing i dont like is the protective glass verizon sent me. 50 dollars down the shitter

gotta be better than the latest Samsung.. my girlfriend got one and then when taking it to a phone place to get a glass protector applied, it didn't go all the way to the edge, because the screen glass has a slight curve that begins before the end of the graphic area (even on the non-"Edge" version).. so then we found one that did go to the edge and follow the curve, but then the keyboard was only semi-responsive at the edges. why couldn't they just make it flat?

i like the new iphone. Dont understand all the whining about the audio jack. People just like to moan.

Balls, 90% of the time I see people with phones they have either headphones or earphones plugged into them. Headphones and earphones with a normal audio jack plug.

The last phone I owned that didn't have a headphone jack was a Sagem-X 2 back in 2003 - When I went into the phone shop to get a replacement set of earphones with a custom port at the end they just laughed at my weird French phone not having normal sockets on it

you can use the phones, just not when charging. Its not a big deal. Cords change.. sockets change the only problem is when you want to connect two things together. Like the early years of synths before midi came and ruine.. i mean made everything compatible

Guest bitroast

it's a clear and super sharp example of apple flailing and having zero direction or sense of innovation without a leader ( dearly beloved Steve Jobs at helms) having a sharp sense of design dictatorship over the overall design and feel of the product. 

it's an attempt to pull innovation out of nothing. 

i like the new iphone. Dont understand all the whining about the audio jack. People just like to moan.

Balls, 90% of the time I see people with phones they have either headphones or earphones plugged into them. Headphones and earphones with a normal audio jack plug.

The last phone I owned that didn't have a headphone jack was a Sagem-X 2 back in 2003 - When I went into the phone shop to get a replacement set of earphones with a custom port at the end they just laughed at my weird French phone not having normal sockets on it

No phone I had (before my first iPhone) had a 3.5mm jack, not even the Sony Walkman phone which still needed a bully adaptor. I seem to remember my RAZR having a 2.5mm jack? But then the storage was so small on phones back then there wasn't much point, the Sony Walkman phone had 512mb.

Actually it was the Sagem myX6 I first used for music (costing, I think, £25 on pay as you go from Woolworths R.I.P.). I had a whopping 64mb microSD card for it to fit almost more than one album! (think I used to put on low bit rate mix sets on there to actually get use from it)

No phone I had (before my first iPhone) had a 3.5mm jack, not even the Sony Walkman phone which still needed a bully adaptor. I seem to remember my RAZR having a 2.5mm jack? But then the storage was so small on phones back then there wasn't much point, the Sony Walkman phone had 512mb.

weird... my razr def had a 3.5 jack and so did my walkman phone. the two sony erricson's i had before the walkman phone didn't have headphone jacks on them though... probably still just carrying a discman or listening on a car cd player until i got a... shudders...

zune

The only thing i dont like is the protective glass verizon sent me. 50 dollars down the shitter

gotta be better than the latest Samsung.. my girlfriend got one and then when taking it to a phone place to get a glass protector applied, it didn't go all the way to the edge, because the screen glass has a slight curve that begins before the end of the graphic area (even on the non-"Edge" version).. so then we found one that did go to the edge and follow the curve, but then the keyboard was only semi-responsive at the edges. why couldn't they just make it flat?

At least it didn't burst into flames...

Apple just had its first annual revenue decline since 2001

Revenue is headed in the wrong direction.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/25/13410020/apple-annual-revenue-decline-first-2001

I guess you can blame a fair a bit on market saturation but making ridiculously expensive smart watches that most people don't need isn't probably helping.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/25/13410020/apple-annual-revenue-decline-first-2001

I guess you can blame a fair a bit on market saturation but making ridiculously expensive smart watches that most people don't need isn't probably helping.

Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?

On my wife's new iPhone, asked Siri if eggs were classified as dairy. Instead of answering, it started playing Dr. Dre's The Next Episode with no explanation.

gangsta

haha

$217 billion in the 2016 fiscal year...It's clear Apple has its work cut out for it to right the fiscal ship

yeh this thing is pretty much what a lot of people would hope Apple would do...

meanwhile, so far the only confirmed leak from the new Apple stuff is this:

vxjhucxazma4bsucnt8n.jpg

the big innovation we have been waiting for: with the new MacBook Pro you can buy shit on the internet like a Pro.

Archived