IGNORED

Name one thing about modern day life that really irritates you

fumi

The way the definition of the word "pretentious" has expanded to describe anything more complex than a young adult novel.

omfg yessss

this, it's been driving me nuts when it comes to this "genres names don't matter" op-eds and comments and so regarding certain bands and artists. sure it's good to break out of style confines but it's also actually a positive thing to be a bit of a snobby expert. this shit matters...without it you lose historical and social context, fan appreciation, musical descriptors, a sense of canon, intro guides for new listeners, etc. it's such a cop-out to immediately shit on people who have more of a handle on a certain bit of art and culture than yourself.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still looks like a better place to show up every day than most offices.

edit - niccas just mad their own office cafeteria serves 8 hour old chikken patties and stale coffee

What do they call that style now? Clinical-chic? Industriyuppie? App Deco?

Looks like they took photos of an Ikea store, ran them through Instagram filters, and told that Gensen company to make it a reality. Goodbye, millions of dollars. Hello, blindingly white imported furniture.

It's kind of funny to me that they need a building of that size for an app that does like 5 things.

yeah, it's things like this social media nonsense that really bug me. Can you imagine what the people are like that work at places like this? They probably rate their own importance up there with orthopedic surgeons.

I remember an article back a while where they redesigned the instagram logo and it took like a group of thirty people about two years to make a decision. What they fuck are they getting paid for?

Of course, all these tech types riding the gravy train at Facebook are only going to last as long as the money keeps rolling in.

It's kind of funny to me that they need a building of that size for an app that does like 5 things.

and still can't handle high-res pics.

Don't they have like 30 employees total?

Adverts

Unnecessary and/or slow GUI transition effects

Prerecorded announcements, customer notices, customer reminders

Being prompted to like, share, register, subscribe & follow

One of those things that I never remember until it actually happens....

Why are those cans of draughtflow Guinness in 440ml cans and not 500ml? So they pour the perfect pint of draught Guinness. But in my cupboard of nicked pub pint glasses it sits three quarters full when poured. That in my opinion is the epitome of irritating. Why the fuck aren't they in 500ml cans?

One of those things that I never remember until it actually happens....

Why are those cans of draughtflow Guinness in 440ml cans and not 500ml? So they pour the perfect pint of draught Guinness. But in my cupboard of nicked pub pint glasses it sits three quarters full when poured. That in my opinion is the epitome of irritating. Why the fuck aren't they in 500ml cans?

the lack of standardization in this world is completely inexcusable. competition and money control the ease of our experience. this world is twisted into pretzels. i don't like pretzels ..well, maybe soft ones with hot mustard sometimes but mostly no. 

you cant just wear a t-shirt anymore.. I went to the hardware store, didnt find what i was looking for and as i was walking one of the employees said "you wanna leave?" .. i said yeah, i wanna leave, and then he asked me out of what base i was stationed and i realized i was wearing an army t-shirt and he was asking me if i was on leave. 

I wore a camo jacket to a book store and some dude walked up to me and asked my rank and started adjusting my jacket and buttoning things and i told him i was not in the army. i seriously consider what i wear these days. I threw out my firefighters t-shirt i got from the salvation army. too much bullshit with that shirt

Archived