IGNORED

KRK Rokits vs Presonus

QrQ

Anyone have any experience with the Adam F5s? Looking for something that's gonna give me decent bass without a sub.

You want something that rolls off at 60hz?

Are you saying that the F5's roll off at 60hz?

I meant something that will give me decent bass, without having to buy a sub.

Tannoy Reveals mate, if you have the money and space for the 802s, i highly recommend them - all the bass you could want. the 502s are also beefy as fuck.

Anyone have any experience with the Adam F5s? Looking for something that's gonna give me decent bass without a sub.

I have no experience with Adam F5. But what I can tell you with confidence is that the Yammy HS8 have a FUCK TON of low end.

they have like 7.5 inch or 8 inch or something woofer cones. Personally I won't ever go back to anything smaller. On normal listening levels they sound really good with electronic basses, but I'm amazed again and again at how great bass guitars sound on them.

These speakers are also my way of signaling my stupid fucking upstairs neighbors to be quiet. Nothing else helped. But when I turn up some bass heavy stuff, they are GONE after 5 minutes at most.

You want something that rolls off at 60hz?

Are you saying that the F5's roll off at 60hz?
I meant something that will give me decent bass, without having to buy a sub.

Tannoy Reveals mate, if you have the money and space for the 802s, i highly recommend them - all the bass you could want. the 502s are also beefy as fuck.

I've read that the Reveals have a hum.

I have no experience with Adam F5. But what I can tell you with confidence is that the Yammy HS8 have a FUCK TON of low end.

they have like 7.5 inch or 8 inch or something woofer cones. Personally I won't ever go back to anything smaller. On normal listening levels they sound really good with electronic basses, but I'm amazed again and again at how great bass guitars sound on them.

These speakers are also my way of signaling my stupid fucking upstairs neighbors to be quiet. Nothing else helped. But when I turn up some bass heavy stuff, they are GONE after 5 minutes at most.

Really not feeling Yamaha though. My flatmate used to have the HS5's and I thought they sounded awful, but maybe that was because they were 5's. I caught a glimpse of the Adam AX7's at a friends house the other day, the cone looks horrible : ( looks like It's been painted to look like carbon fibre. Hoping the Adam F series doesn't look like this. 

Archived