IGNORED

Elektron AnalogHeat

Guest Chesney

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ha yeah but it's stereo and has filters and lfo's and can be controlled by octa/mnm etc to make bonkers sequenced effects. But yeah, it's actually far tooo simple for elektron. Can't see any scope for expansion on the box and I have no use for overbridge.

I have been looking for a dedicated stereo distortion for a long time and this is too perfect but i'm already put off by it's popularity. Everyone is gonna sound like they put it through this thing soon.

I have been looking for a dedicated stereo distortion for a long time and this is too perfect but i'm already put off by it's popularity. Everyone is gonna sound like they put it through this thing soon.

i feel like you say that about every major release ;p

it does sound good though

maybe the msrp is $750 and it'll actually sell for $400 or something

Guest bitroast

oh man, with LFOs and tempo sync and tempo synced envelopes and whatnot it'd defs be heaps more versatile and interesting than just a distortion pedal lol. 

unless you're talking about some elektron esque, tempo syncable/LFO-able distortion pedal ?

it's not really seeming like something i need to buy. but its seeming something i'd like to play with for sore :^) 

oh man, with LFOs and tempo sync and tempo synced envelopes and whatnot it'd defs be heaps more versatile and interesting than just a distortion pedal lol. 

unless you're talking about some elektron esque, tempo syncable/LFO-able distortion pedal ?

it's not really seeming like something i need to buy. but its seeming something i'd like to play with for sore :^) 

Yes, the MIDI implementation is interesting. It also helps that the distortions sound pretty damn good!

Guest bitroast

Yes, the MIDI implementation is interesting. It also helps that the distortions sound pretty damn good!

oh yes of course, Overbridge !

If you can to solder you could get a lot of mileage out of this stuff I bet:

http://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/collections/colour

http://www.blackmarketmodular.com/

Wouldn't be much cheaper (especially when you factor in power supply and some kind of enclosure) but it's an option. 

Hadn't looked at these in a while, it's great that they've got the Portastudio preamps cloned for $35 now!

lol y would you need a stereo distortion pedal

Year 2000, I bought 2 guitar distortion pedals to get stereo distortion when I had an all-hardware setup (I was still pretty big into gabber and hardcore techno, "digital hardcore", etc.).  Stereo is pretty essential, myaaaaan.....  Except I think they cost like $20 for both.  They definitely didn't sound as good as dis ere ting, though.

Well, the possible upside to all this is that in a few months, the interwebz will be full of releases that sound like Tango n' Vectif.

Sad it is not a new sampler :(

Does sound cool and its Elektron so I'm sure its awesome. But I've got no real interest in audio processing outside of Ableton right now outside of owning a Strymon Big Sky. 

I thought that maybe Elektron would learn from past mistakes and NOT release a stupid fucking trailer for this, unlike their other products. Boy was I wrong.

in the off chance you missed it...

hot shit

I was skimming through Gearslutz earlier after the announcement, there was some translated interview someone posted...from what little I gathered the company has investors now, and they're sitting on multiple devices that are nearing completion. Also said theyre trying to double their sales next year, which would mean multiple new products hitting over the next 6-9 months. Which should be good for us users. :)

However, I'm not so sure about this Heat based solely on the specs. No way am I buying one any time soon, unlikely ever really...but I'm curious to check out the audio of it and see how nice it's sounding. Mostly because they'll probably be including some of those distortions in other equipment

oh nice RSP, cheers! I'm not looking for that stuff in particular. I have enough analogue circuitry to colour stuff etc

I just wanted some stereo distortion. Without going thermionic there is not much choice. The Akai one, the double sherman and some other oddball units. Was tempted by two bass muffs not long ago ha.

ha yeah but it's stereo and has filters and lfo's and can be controlled by octa/mnm etc to make bonkers sequenced effects. But yeah, it's actually far tooo simple for elektron. Can't see any scope for expansion on the box and I have no use for overbridge.

You seem overly concerned with who else has gear, rather than merely what that gear offers you and your goals.

I really don't get the (implicit) "secret weapon" attitude towards gear...like yeah some gear does awesome stuff that other gear doesn't do, but if merely having the same gear as others is problematic...I sorta see that as like buying a 7-string guitar to "have an advantage over" (or "set you apart from") everyone with a 6-string...

Archived