IGNORED

[Kickstarter] Voyager Golden Record: 40th Anniversary Edition

Rubin Farr

I'd have to say fuck yeah! to this. $100 seems paltry when compared to one of the greatest and perhaps last remnants of humanity that will exist. If you've seen Star Trek The Motion Picture, or that one episode of Next Generation with the flute, you know where I'm going with this. Those records will probly outlast our planet when our Sun eventually engulfs us. Maybe we'll send something else out that far, but it doesn't seem to be a priority right now.

v2.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/science/nasa-voyager-golden-record-carl-sagan-kickstarter.html?&moduleDetail=section-news-2&action=click&contentCollection=Science&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article&_r=1

that record is bullshit because it doesn't have any aphex twin

Like classical music is great and all, but I bet you aliens would fucking love .942937

that record is bullshit because it doesn't have any aphex twin

Like classical music is great and all, but I bet you aliens would fucking love .942937

I wonder someone on a Smashmouth forum somewhere is saying the same thing about 'All Star'.

• 3 weeks later...

that one episode of Next Generation with the flute, you know where I'm going with this. 

the inner light. if there is one episode of TNG you'll ever watch, make it this one (and this one)

You guys are so much more steeped in nerd canon than myself. First thing I thought of was this, thanks saturday morning cartoon browsing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the CD version out yet?

I mailed the label ages ago and back then they said it would get European distribution at some point. Then I forgot about this and now I'm wondering if they're gone already.

• 3 months later...

Archived