IGNORED

Vinyl Represses!!

BUNKUM

I think the  :braindance:  Department of my brain is going to internally implode on itself and then instantly explode out of my earholes and bell end when the needle hits the sonic canyon of this IDM kraken

Edited by beerwolf

I think the  :braindance:  Department of my brain is going to internally implode on itself and then instantly explode out of my earholes and bell end when the needle hits the sonic canyon of this IDM kraken

So beautiful, I love ae's style of melancholy which is almost a superposition of euphoric and sad

draft and untilted can't come soon enough

Fingers crossed. I need those. I usually listen to post LP5 stuff when I'm in the mood for some 'chre but I rarely listen to most of the pre LP5 material. I mean I have a huge issue with Amber. It's among my least favourite Ae albums (but Piezo is masterpiece). I think it has something to do with its dated sound. For some reason Incunabula sounds pleasantly dated to me (if it makes any sense). Maybe Amber sounded so advanced for its time back then that it's in sort of a grey area between modern and old. For the same reason I'm not huge of a fan of Chiastic Slide or Tri Repetae (I respect TR for other reasons though). Amber/Chiastic Slide/Tri Repetae are dated albums but not vintage while Incunabula has this strong vintage sound/feel I enjoy. I believe in some ten years or so I won't be having this problem and all mentioned records will fall under the same umbrella with Incunabula. So I'll be most likely still getting these on wax while they're available just to be safe.

^ Makes sense to me although I love Chiastic Slide. I always thought of the "pleasantly dated"-ness of Tri Repetae as being like a pawn shop, like they used all this cheap battered gear but did a great job of polishing it up and making it sound its best. The more I think of it the more I feel like I want to order a second copy. Maybe even a 3rd. Not to sell on discogs when it sells out but just to get my fingers all over.

Untilted isn't my favorite by a long shot but now that I'm thinking about it, it'll probably sound great on vinyl.

I'm most looking forward to all the EPs, though. Anvil Vapre, Cichlisuite, Envane pt 2 and Gantz Graf in particular. So far, they've skipped Basscadet, Anti and Garbage, though, so I guess the EPs aren't coming til a bit later... if ever.

I don't think Tri Repetae or Amber sound dated.  I think when you listen to AE_LIVE and then listen to Tri Repetae it becomes apparent how it is still ahead of its time.  There are so many parallels.  

What really blows my mind which I don't see discussed much here is the soundboard: Flex - Vienne [1996-02-16] - a Tri Repetae era one

It is just so progressive (progressive as in changing, not any other connotations) that it really is like for me the closest thing to AE_LIVE that they've made before AE_LIVE.  Idk what I'm saying.  It's just so good.  Closer to AE_LIVE than anything else they've made AFAIC

Edited by Zeffolia

Foil was the first track I ever heard by Autechre and first track by them I got obsessed this. I still recall heading off to college and befriending some stoner types who were into Led Zeppelin/Hendrix/Floyd as stoney music.  We smoked some of their quality Humboldt week, I put on Foil and blew their minds.

In any event this is a good excuse to buy a copy of Amber on vinyl that i won't be afraid to listen to and scratch.

• 1 month later...

The Tri Rep inner sleeves are lovely...But I still don't know which one to get !!! (or maximum 2, but buying all of them at the same time might be a bit too much for my wallet...)

I have to listen to Amber and Incunabula again to see which one is my favorite but I really love them both :(

Does anyone else think it is meaningful that they photographed these on top of an oversized CD case of LP5?

laserdisc reissues plc pls

does anyone have theirs yet?

Nope, dispatched yesterday but the Royal Mail tracking number still isn't recognised when I check. I'm hoping for delivery tomorrow.

Ha...

Dear Customer

We are very sorry but the last email we sent was in error.

A section of customers are affected by delayed shipping but you purchase is shipping as normal, so please disregard.

Bleep Support