IGNORED

Heliosphan - SAW vs live

Twelvetrees

The tracks on SAW1 were taken from well worn tapes right?

The pad and basic drums on the live version - anyone know if these are the same sounds that appear on SAW in a pristine state or was the track redone? I'm quite curious as to how degraded the SAW1 sound is.

the live one sounds very badly mastered. hi hats are way to high. The live track must be a re-done track because they are completely different. I imagine there was a bit of mastering done on the SAW track.

Started this morning with the live version and it's one of those RDJ tracks that almost makes me depressed trying to describe the atmosphere. I can never fully express the feelings i have for this track. On my stereo at full blast the live track has an increased crinkle sound & extra squelch. I would go as far as saying this track is the best and most ultimate Aphex Twin experience. But then again i know jack shit about music and my personal taste is very different.

Are the opening chords in the live version coming from the same patch as the studio version though? I can't tell whether it's a different patch or if the SAW sound is really that degraded.

I think I prefer the live version. Whenever I hear the SAW version I just miss the additional acid layer too much.

I have a recording of it from Roskilde 1997 which I think I prefer to the Soundcloud mp3 just because of the "mastering" (recorded by Danish radio I would guess).

Archived