I hope Bernard doesn't go and build a robot child like William Hurt did in Spielberg's AI to replace the son he lost. That would be lame and predictable.

ominous bad god-like guy Hopkins pulling strings

well, it seems like he's out of depth actually (convinced as he is that android consciousness isn't possible), so not really pulling the strings.

I hope Bernard doesn't go and build a robot child like William Hurt did in Spielberg's AI to replace the son he lost. That would be lame and predictable.

yes, very lame.

well, it seems like he's out of depth actually (convinced as he is that android consciousness isn't possible), so not really pulling the strings.

hm, if he really is convinced of that, sure.. seems kinda obvious tho that he didn't tell the whole story last episode, and he definitely has been up to clandestine things

Still hanging in there. I really want to like this show but they do seem to be stretching the plot right now. The talk about evolution and consciousness is neat, but it's becoming more repetitive than intriguing. Also this episode had too much Marlboro Man. My interest is primarily kept afloat by the potty-mouthed engineer; I've developed a slight crush on her. All-in-all still enjoyable but it needs to do something in the next couple of episodes.

watched ep3 last nite. does everyone assume that arnold is ed harris? show does seem pretty stupid so far. bernard, hopkins, the cold ceo bitch are all caricatures of those types of characters. only reason i'm still watching is to see how the hosts progress (and evan rachel wood in general). the humans stories are so stupid so far. this mysterious maze shit is so stupid. like there's no way that whatever it ends up being will make sense. it's like building a dr robotnik machine with a giant flashing red button and begging someone not to press it.0

also seems really implausible that no one notices when bernard takes delores out for their private chats where they're just in a big empty glass enclosure. like, they seem really bad at communicating and monitoring their systems for as advanced as everything else in the park is supposed to be

seems obvious that ed harris is the guy with the white hat and those scenes are flashbacks. i haven't watched the third ep though, maybe that idea is out the window. anyway, this show is dumb.

that hadn't crossed my mind and i really hope it's not the case because they look

story seems to be moving along fairly quickly? it's like, things are happening in each episode; events, action, plot advancement..

does it? they seem to be getting loads of mileage out of the groundhog day style footage. 

nothing alike. did they give ed harris a big mole that i didn't notice?

Or that's what he's leading others to think...

Arnold is dead, think he either killed himself, or died in an accident/was bumped off. Ed Harris is just a rich dude who's been going there for years.

Ed Harris allegedly just stumbled onto the set one day and they decided to keep him on because he was already wearing a cowboy hat.

and by better, I don't mean better, just that it more embraces what it really is, which tbqh is very likely the new Lost. Seemingly trivial things getting their own myths like the masked-technician religion thing etc., so now they're able to build an entire season on that. Or not. Everything doesn't really matter except for hooking you to the next episode.. will we find out what's going on in this season? Lol no... but it's engaging.

I'm starting to cool towards this a show a little. It is starting to have a very 'Lost' vibe to it - and I don't mean that in a good way. I appreciate that they need to a narrative that keeps you compelled to view but I sure hope they tie things up because it's starting to already feel like they are constructing things that are never going to be explained or will simply get even more bizarre to point where it cannot be explained. 

exploring issues of human morality is way more interesting when it isn't spelled out in terms only reddit sci-fi tards can understand. this shit is done in a far more nuanced way in deadwood, and with better western paint too.

watching jonathan nolan bs his way through the "inside look" at the end of the episode is my favorite part. "when you talk your mouth looks like a cunt moving"

exploring issues of human morality is way more interesting when it isn't spelled out in terms only reddit sci-fi tards can understand. this shit is done in a far more nuanced way in deadwood, and with better western paint too.

Deadwood was great, but dealt with a different set of issues re: human morality.

I mean there was nothing in Deadwood along the lines of Bernard offering to make Dolores' pain go away (reflection on modern psychiatric care), or on a bigger picture, what constitutes being "human".

There's nothing overly complex about the way technology is portrayed in Westworld, at least not yet. I think the bicameralism stuff that will happen later in the season will be intense though.

Latest episode is definitely better than the previous. I'm not getting Lost vibes yet; I think it's still coherent and just taking its time building up to a point. I thought the Groundhog Day aspect would get tedious but I'm actually finding it kind of interesting. I do enjoy a lot of the metaphorical detail even if it's been done better elsewhere (haven't seen Deadwood).