yea that's fully ridiculous tbh. Like how cheap is it to do repairs on heavily maimed robots?

Also, the robots are made from organic matter yes? Just like real people? So apparently it's ok to just uh... "disable motor functions" which probably includes breathing? You can apparently just let them stand "in (not so) cold storage" without their feet disintegrating, or them starving. don't they need to poop and eat? If not, how do their bodies not fall apart from lack of metabolism?

Well they have that little magic gun that repairs skin and such. But if they get burned alive, like they did maeve after she burned herself alive, they get a full rebuild besides their brain. At least that's what I picked up. That's how her spine got modified. They get molded into body. Especially a main actor like maeve they have  mold ready to go to rebuild her body from the white goo. C'mon man it's scifi have a little fun.

C'mon man it's scifi have a little fun.

yup. all sci fi requires at least some suspension of disbelief, and westworld isn't even an example of a thing that requires a particularly large amount of it, aside from the basic premise of artificial intelligence.

lol - some of you guys are overthinking the details a bit, which can be fun but is the least interesting aspect of the series for me. it's the heavy philosophical / existential questions that i find so fascinating.

it's funny - i used to be anti-artificial intelligence, but this show actually changed my mind on the issue. recent world events have really driven home for me the fact that human beings are utterly incapable of governing themselves, co-existing, and caring for the environment. the artificial life forms that we seem so intent on creating are clearly the next evolutionary step of our species and hopefully would succeed where we failed. bring on skynet.

lol - some of you guys are overthinking the details a bit, which can be fun but is the least interesting aspect of the series for me. it's the heavy philosophical / existential questions that i find so fascinating.

Very much this. I think that's what's so great about sci-fi as a genre - utilising fantastical other worldly scenarios to reflect our own world, giving you a chance to see and think of things from a different perspective

90% of sci-fi media is 'illogical' - and then those that are logical are usually rather boring because they spend too much time trying to stick to facts and scientific laws. Things get interesting when you open up every possible door and see what comes through.

However I also loved how it transitioned from deep discourse to pulp/grind house shoot em' up exploitation! (the ending shoot out with snake girl and co.)

It may seem silly and brainless, but its actually quite self reflective and clever, post-modern television shit.

Loved the finale overall. Looks like they've really painted themselves into a corner...but hope they have something up their sleeves. Would be sad if they did another Lost on us....

That was really sick. My impression of the show completely transformed from the start, which admittedly was a bit shaky. I can't imagine waiting two years for the next season. Let's hope we'll all be alive then.

81E462EE-E94F-462B-A8F3-E1B2B23BCE67_zps

BEE8AE74-BA60-4582-8A4F-9FC20320508C_zps

admin password is: pleasevisitthedelossecuritypanelforanimportantmessageregardingthesecuritybreachatthemesadonotbealarmedthesituationisundercontrolbutweneedallcurrentstaffmemberstocheckintothesystemyouwillneedtouseyouxclusiadministativepasswordnordrtoaccessthissecuremessage

AI will definitely being housing itself in hot female bodies prior to judgement day to help with getting the better of the dumb men (i.e. all of them).

Isn't that polaroïd the one that made Abernathy go crazy as well ? What was it doing here ?

Since explaining this involves spoilers for those who haven't watched the entire series:

The scene where he pulls the photo out occurred in the past, since William is the Man in Black. It noticeably dropped to the ground, and was buried in the dirt, only to be discovered years later by Abernathy, causing him to go crazy since he shouldn't have been able to see a photo with modern elements in it.

Isn't that polaroïd the one that made Abernathy go crazy as well ? What was it doing here ?

Since explaining this involves spoilers for those who haven't watched the entire series:

The scene where he pulls the photo out occurred in the past, since William is the Man in Black. It noticeably dropped to the ground, and was buried in the dirt, only to be discovered years later by Abernathy, causing him to go crazy since he shouldn't have been able to see a photo with modern elements in it.

I meant his motivation as a person. It's kind of weird to have a photo of your sister on you unless you have a specific purpose for it.

I meant his motivation as a person. It's kind of weird to have a photo of your sister on you unless you have a specific purpose for it.

c'mon that's totally nitpicking tho, he coud've easily stoled that photo from Billy (William) who was her groom or fiance or whatever, he seemed like a conniving little fuck anyways

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

c'mon that's totally nitpicking tho, he coud've easily stoled that photo from Billy (William) who was her groom or fiance or whatever, he seemed like a conniving little fuck anyways

Is it? The photo is the single plot device that gets the story rolling. It should be iron clad. Who the fuck is walking around with Polaroids in 2052?

Is it? The photo is the single plot device that gets the story rolling. It should be iron clad. Who the fuck is walking around with Polaroids in 2052?

Well I doubt they were allowed to bring in their phone/tablet thingies everyone running the park has, so perhaps William had the picture for sentimental reasons, and Logan took it?

Well I doubt they were allowed to bring in their phone/tablet thingies everyone running the park has, so perhaps William had the picture for sentimental reasons, and Logan took it?

That would have been nice to have shown, otherwise it's a bit of a plothole...