IGNORED

Reaktor 6

MichaelListon

Howya lads, was thinking about pulling the trigger on a purchase of Reaktor 6 but have a few questions if you don't mind.

For a start I have a few other NI plugins which may not be the most legitimate but I'm wondering would a purchase of another NI plugin have any effect on their functionality? Also, is it worth the $200 price tag or should I wait for a sale? If so, how often does the price come down? Thank you all!

Always wait for the sale. And yes Reaktor 6 is good if you want to design synthesizers and effects if you want to go down that route. It wasn't for me but almost everrything you make it in will sound good right off the bat.

I'm wondering would a purchase of another NI plugin have any effect on their functionality?

I don't think your warez will stop working, but NI can probably see your naughtiness through their licencing app which you'll need to run when installing reaktor. Better buy the complete package ;-)

Always wait for the sale. And yes Reaktor 6 is good if you want to design synthesizers and effects if you want to go down that route. It wasn't for me but almost everrything you make it in will sound good right off the bat.

There's that but I'd definitely recommend buying Reaktor 6 (and all the other Native Instrument plugins) so you can use Monark, Form etc.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Think I'll keep my eyes peeled for a sale and purchase then.

Does anyone have any experience using it alongside Ableton Live 9 as a 64bit VST plugin? 

That is how I use it. Haven't encountered any issues with it. Its a great plugin I use it on pretty much everything, I have barely even scratched the surface of Blocks or the User Library. You get access to an awful lot for the money. 

• 1 month later...

i just bought a full second license so now i have an r5 license to either gift/sell. just got tired of waiting... =\

seems like they really just try to push komplete now. there's discounts on komplete upgrades but not for reaktor upgrade

Got it too, very impressive compared to v3 (the last one I used). 

I already posted at too much length in the freebies thread but short version is:

-Blocks is a huge CPU hog

-no multiprocessor support, so loading an ensemble (running the VST version in Reaktor) that averages around 5% of my total available CPU on an 8 core (16 core multithreaded) system from 2010 completely overloads one core and makes Reaktor shut itself off. Regular, non-Blocks ensembles work a lot better.

-closing the reaktor window lowers the CPU load enough for the same ensembles that don't work at all when their GUI is visible to work fine, so if you have a decent modern video card instead of an 8 year old, low end NVidia (only thing compatible with my video capture card that will also physically fit in the cramped rack server I use as a DAW) you might not even notice.

But, it sounds great and seems like a breeze to use compared to the older versions, so if you have an 15 or 17 computer it's well worth it; older than that you might want to try the demo first to be sure.

• 3 years later...

Thinking about finally upgrading from Reaktor 5 to 6. I guess my old stuff works on 6 because my version is 5.9.4 and 6 should be backwards compatible with that.

Anyone here who made the upgrade had any problems?

I didn't have many patches when I got Reaktor 6, so I don't know about compatibility. But if I had to take a guess I'd say it's downward compatible in most cases if not all cases. All the stuff on the user library that was made with an earlier Reaktor version works in the new one as well. It makes sense that they pay attention to downward compatibility because otherwise most of the user library would become obsolete with every update.

It annoys me that Reaktor 6 still doesn't support FLAC.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone! I was wondering if someone had any recommendation of eBooks / PDFs on Reaktor that I should read to get started? (besides the user manuals). I know that there are some books written for Max/MSP that foster creative thinking and programing with the environment, and I was wondering whether the same kind of things existed for Reaktor. Thanks!