IGNORED

Aphex's favorite movies

Business

i think hes p fond of charlie and the chocolate factory tbh. its a movie he samples in the song called we are the music makers on the album selected ambient works 85-92. its a good thing that song was on that album and not selected ambient works 2 because otherwise i couldnt tell you about this movie/music connection because the songs on selected ambient works 2 have no titles.

I remember him saying he was a fan of My Dinner With Andre, and there was some British cult film he posted a clip of, with a scene of two people arguing about society's rapidly-decreasing attention span... but I can't remember the name.

Isn't the scene about people lacking attention span in "My Dinner with Andre"? I've seen it, but can't remember much as I was busy checking my phone at the time.

When will someone mention "Fantasia"?

I remember him saying he was a fan of My Dinner With Andre, and there was some British cult film he posted a clip of, with a scene of two people arguing about society's rapidly-decreasing attention span... but I can't remember the name.

Isn't the scene about people lacking attention span in "My Dinner with Andre"? I've seen it, but can't remember much as I was busy checking my phone at the time.

When will someone mention "Fantasia"?

No, there was another one from a different film. He posted it in response to people labelling CCAI (or ODS?) as "boring" due of its repetition/lack of variation.

My mate from cornwall he is a engineer living there with his wife and kids had to move there because his wife got a 6 figures job at some place i don't know don't care about his wife that much never met her and she like crystals and new age stuff and since i am a man of reason logic and science i refuse to interact with this moron of a person (same person that got a 6-figure job) anyways my mate said he went to see the movie The Witch and met afx himself sitting in the audience when the movie ended my mate asked afx what he thought of the movie and he said "it was quite good probably one of my favorites movies of the last 10 years"

So there you have it , afx likes The Witch 

Afro Whores Vol 23 I'm pretty sure he mentioned it in a few interviews tbqh byob fyi BBC

No no no it was Jizz Glazed Goo Guzzlers 3

I think you might be right actually. Silly me, time does a funny thing to a man's memory. 

He also did a cameo in Ginger Gringo vol 6 IIRC.

My mate from cornwall he is a engineer living there with his wife and kids had to move there because his wife got a 6 figures job at some place i don't know don't care about his wife that much never met her and she like crystals and new age stuff and since i am a man of reason logic and science i refuse to interact with this moron of a person (same person that got a 6-figure job) anyways my mate said he went to see the movie The Witch and met afx himself sitting in the audience when the movie ended my mate asked afx what he thought of the movie and he said "it was quite good probably one of my favorites movies of the last 10 years"

Cool, did your friend say what he smelt like?

this was the clip

Guest bitroast

Cool, did your friend say what he smelt like?

he probably smelt like the cinema. 

unless the scent of aphex twin is so strong and pure and beautiful that the cinema smelt like aphex twin after he graced the cinemas presense with his aura and being. 

but yeah i'm guessing more than anything he probably came out of the cinema smelling like stale farts and dust. 

perhaps we should have a poll. after aphex twin saw The Witch and rated it in his top films of the past 10 years, did 

a. the cinema smell more like aphex twin 

b. the aphex twin smell more like the cinema 

Guest bitroast

just realised that there's possibly a 3rd option of aphex twin already smelling like stale farts and dust, prior to going into the cinema .. which is a strong possibility. 

unless anyone has met the living legend that is APHEX TWIN and can clarify what he smells like ? 

i must know before this sub forum is shut down on the basis of being a living nightmare and embarrassment to the internet. 

Archived