IGNORED

Aphex's favorite movies

Business

i think hes p fond of charlie and the chocolate factory tbh. its a movie he samples in the song called we are the music makers on the album selected ambient works 85-92. its a good thing that song was on that album and not selected ambient works 2 because otherwise i couldnt tell you about this movie/music connection because the songs on selected ambient works 2 have no titles.

lol

I remember him saying he was a fan of My Dinner With Andre, and there was some British cult film he posted a clip of, with a scene of two people arguing about society's rapidly-decreasing attention span... but I can't remember the name.

this was the clip

Obviously not if I already mentioned My Dinner With Andre. Plus they're not British.

• 2 weeks later...

What films has Aphex mentioned? I remember him citing The Shining in a 90s interview, and I think he mentioned Mike Leigh's Naked in a Soundcloud comment. 

I bumped into David Thewlis once, what was weird is because I did actually accidentally *bump* into him and we both stared at each other for a second and I recognized him instantly and blurted out alright david! you're in that wicked film Naked, that mate is one classic film. He just smiled and said Yeah that was 1993...

I thought I made a complete idiot out of myself (as per usual) but was glad to read that he gets infuriated with fools who confuse him with from some other actor from the Notting Hill film. So at least I knew the score with his masterclass in Naked. Which is a classic.

Read an interview around 1997 where he said the Czech "Alice" movie was probably his favorite movie ever.

Edit:  Oh neat.  Here's the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lP0kzlhG4s

If It's true that It's one of his favourite films, you can kind of see why. It's a sampling goldmine 

Archived