IGNORED

Luke Vibert - I Love Acid 012

afxual healing

Guest bitroast

I wonder why Limited to 303 Copies? 

Is it to account for the number of potential buying customers / number of Luke Vibert fans? 

303 isn't even a fair number, taking into consideration the number of people who are only buying with the foresight that it is limited and has the potential to sell for a nice price on discogs. 

For example, 

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/6210163?ev=rb

For example, 

Any other vinyl only release released via I Loved Acid ... (or, Fundamental Records, or any other vinyl only "music label" * with a strict No digital distribution policy. ) 

So it's okay, if you happen to miss the opportunity to buy a copy come release date, due to budget reasons or simply forgetting, STRESS NOT. you can always buy a second hand copy online for ~€50.00 - €100.00

/// 

* I say "music label", because these labels are more about selling limited numbers of numbered physical matter, and have very little to do with the actual distribution of music. 

Subscribed to the ILA releases so got it a couple of weeks ago, solid couple of tracks. Good and bouncy Vibert acid.

Also, in case anyone didn't know, separate from the ILA releases they do release what amount to digital only EP/LPs, so, you know. /shrug

Subscribed to the ILA releases so got it a couple of weeks ago, solid couple of tracks. Good and bouncy Vibert acid.

Also, in case anyone didn't know, separate from the ILA releases they do release what amount to digital only EP/LPs, so, you know. /shrug

Are the two tracks long like the ones on ILA 03 were ?

Doesn't this discussion happen every time one of the ILA 12inches gets released?

yes. 

literally every time, dozens of emails and messages over facebook.

usually from people who never support our digital releases, or lesser known artists.

and often from people old enough to remember before mp3s when we didn't feel entitled to music in our preferred format simply because it existed.

the funny thing is, i run the labels and i'm actually a digital dj. there are loads of tracks i want but don't have, but i never whinge about it. that's part of the magic of it - and digging for records in charity shops and boot sales - and hearing someone play something i don;t know or haven't got. i *really* don't get the anger. it seems so silly. sure, it might be disappointing to miss something but you can;t have everything you want every time. entitlement, and then tantrums, is pretty pathetic.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived