IGNORED

Happy 10th Birthday 'Body Riddle'

Brisbot

Well, belated a bit. Came out October 2, 2006. Close enough! This may be my favorite Clark album. 

Interesting how this forum was 'promoted' from a subforum to just a normal forum 8 days after the actual anniversary! I like to pretend that was the reason why. So let's all pretend that's why, so it becomes fact.

5 years before this was released i was a slipknot fan, hardcore metal guy but then druqks was released and it changed me forever, 5 years after druqks Calrk's Body Riddle  was released and now as a new born electronic music fanatic i am able to enjoy this LP

Edited by Deer

great album and year for me. good memories. met my future wife and introduced her to idm in part through this album.

i remember someone ripping the bleep samples and uploading them to slsk at like 96kbps and i burnt them to disc and listened to them all the time before the cd came out even though it sounded like shit quality the rhythms and melodies shined right through

It's aging quite well. Probably helps that the drums aren't synthesized.

Yeah, the percussion is a plus. But really it's just solid music beginning to end. Good/Great tunes.

great album and year for me. good memories. met my future wife and introduced her to idm in part through this album.

i remember someone ripping the bleep samples and uploading them to slsk at like 96kbps and i burnt them to disc and listened to them all the time before the cd came out even though it sounded like shit quality the rhythms and melodies shined right through

... ok that's a good starting point, but can you distill those feelings and ingrained experiences down into a number? Preferably with a decimal point somewhere.

Braindance Will Never Die, But You Will 

This is both comforting, and not comforting. But hey, if you add to braindrain music, then your music will live on.. in a google cache somewhere.

Edited by Brisbot

Guest Chesney

Love this album. His best. And the following EP Throttle Furniture is too.

Got the promo before it came from a shop who put it on the front desk for 50p.

man 10 years went by fast

I remember loading this in my browser to watch, my intro to Clark

and I remember that 240p.

I also think it's his best work - or at least it made the biggest impact on me. This and Totems Flare.

yep yep

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, hayhook said:

remastered-> UN-brickwalled...

original pressing on top. remaster on bottom...

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 12.45.19 PM.png

Oh ! Now that’s quite interesting and makes that remaster pretty appealing to me…
Now I need Empty the bones of you remastered the same way. It’s always been my fav Clark album.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hayhook said:

remastered-> UN-brickwalled...

original pressing on top. remaster on bottom...

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 12.45.19 PM.png

oh nice! the one bad thing i would have said about the album is that it’s pretty fatiguing to listen to. i might pick this up if it shows up in a shop

• Like 1

This album will never not be great. Clark was at his peak back in the body riddle through totems flare era

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 2