IGNORED

mango drive

dr lopez

hi everyone

just wanted to make a quick shout out thread of one of the greatest works of music humanity has be treated to. not much else to say other than this is just *one of those tracks*  

music where every element is perfectly placed and considered. george forman's lean mean groovin machine. I remember when ae dropped this in their 12 hr mix before exai. they just let it run out, no mixing needed because it's perfect, obviously. not that we needed confirmation of it's majesty but it was nice to know that masters respect masters. 

after thnxgiving dinner my family all got really stoned and i put this on... most people were grooving but my dumb as f uncle was like "whats the purpose of this music" and i was like "i dont understand this question" and just stared him down. 

have fucked many times to this and other fantastic r&s jams. desert island stuff here people.

thnx,

d-lo

mango drive is nice, there are more mind blowing tracks on that album though, roll off and imprint come to mind. it's a solid release, like all of their work.

album??

Dis

P sure Mesh is referring to the s/t R&S compilation, which has most of the singles from that era - including the excellent Mango Drive.  Ah, see that rapscallion bunkum beat me to it!

And hell yeah, Imprint is the jam.  As if it hadn't blown my mind enough already, I recently had the pleasure of hearing it on a system with some real sub-bass, and I'll be damned if there isn't even more mind blowing shit down there.

Sozza Bob, just beat you to it. I find it hard to believe Mr d.lo isn't aware of that comp.

oh i am i just knew the 12"s first so its not where my addled mind goes

Are you not transported to an alternate dimension, bulk?

Not really, no.

It sounds like most other dub style/influenced tracks I've heard, kind of a cliched sound to my ears.

BUT THEY ARE COPYING THIS TRACK DUH

Sozza Bob, just beat you to it. I find it hard to believe Mr d.lo isn't aware of that comp.

Not really, no.

It sounds like most other dub style/influenced tracks I've heard, kind of a cliched sound to my ears.

That's all fine and well, but I just didn't find it interesting. (I'm a heathen I know). I didn't HATE it or anything just kind of indifferent to it. It'd be nice background music if I was cooking or something. 

Also is that actually true that others just copying it? When was this originally released? I'm sure I've heard similar tracks from the 80s and early early 90s if not earlier.

Not really, no.

That's all fine and well, but I just didn't find it interesting. (I'm a heathen I know). I didn't HATE it or anything just kind of indifferent to it. It'd be nice background music if I was cooking or something. 

Also is that actually true that others just copying it? When was this originally released? I'm sure I've heard similar tracks from the 80s and early early 90s if not earlier.

im actually curious which artists / tracks you think are like this

Archived