IGNORED

mango drive

dr lopez

ProTip!: be sure to check the pressure sounds label on bandcamp:

https://pressuresounds.bandcamp.com/music

Lots of the good old reggae dub plates. Influence on R&S is obvious. Plus, I've heard the track containing lots of samples for this one:

Forget which one. Will be back, if people start to cry.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=2665811464 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]

https://pressuresounds.bandcamp.com/album/sound-system-scratch

ProTip!: be sure to check the pressure sounds label on bandcamp:

https://pressuresounds.bandcamp.com/music

Since you're offering pro advice, I'll ask about this pressure sounds label... are proceeds getting to the artists from them?  I'm curious only since I recently became aware of the murky, exploitative side of releasing/re-releasing early dub, e.g., Scientist seeing nothing from Greensleeves for his classic dub records sold and marketed as Scientist, since technically he wasn't the "artist" on the recording (thus absurdities like this in 2016)

Sozza Bob, just beat you to it. I find it hard to believe Mr d.lo isn't aware of that comp.

oh i am i just knew the 12"s first so its not where my addled mind goes

Are you not transported to an alternate dimension, bulk?

Not really, no.

It sounds like most other dub style/influenced tracks I've heard, kind of a cliched sound to my ears.

BUT THEY ARE COPYING THIS TRACK DUH

That's all fine and well, but I just didn't find it interesting. (I'm a heathen I know). I didn't HATE it or anything just kind of indifferent to it. It'd be nice background music if I was cooking or something. 

Also is that actually true that others just copying it? When was this originally released? I'm sure I've heard similar tracks from the 80s and early early 90s if not earlier.

im actually curious which artists / tracks you think are like this

Bob Dobalina actually gave an excellent example, Scientist. And other greensleeves records artists too.

Sozza Bob, just beat you to it. I find it hard to believe Mr d.lo isn't aware of that comp.

oh i am i just knew the 12"s first so its not where my addled mind goes

Are you not transported to an alternate dimension, bulk?

Not really, no.

It sounds like most other dub style/influenced tracks I've heard, kind of a cliched sound to my ears.

BUT THEY ARE COPYING THIS TRACK DUH

That's all fine and well, but I just didn't find it interesting. (I'm a heathen I know). I didn't HATE it or anything just kind of indifferent to it. It'd be nice background music if I was cooking or something. 

Also is that actually true that others just copying it? When was this originally released? I'm sure I've heard similar tracks from the 80s and early early 90s if not earlier.

im actually curious which artists / tracks you think are like this

Bob Dobalina actually gave an excellent example, Scientist. And other greensleeves records artists too.

Mad Professor and Prince Jammy are up there as well. Lee Perry has put out some essential stuff out too though his discography is all over the place.

Jay Glass Dubs is a guy I just found that produces dub music that is about as drenched in reverb and echo goodness as you can get. 

There's a 2hr weekly radio show in Austin called Jamaican Gold that plays ska, rocksteady, reggae, early dancehall and dub and the very last part of his show, the last 20-30 minutes, is always classic dub. He never ceases to play really good deep cuts of the genre. More old playlists here to give you an idea.

mango drive is nice, there are more mind blowing tracks on that album though, roll off and imprint come to mind. it's a solid release, like all of their work.

album??

Dis

i'v been listening to this album this week thanks to yo guys. never heard it but what a trip, it's amazing  :music:  :beer:

wow folks. very hard for me to understand that serious electronic music fans haven't heard this stuff b4 but i guess there was a time in my life when i hadn't either (10th grade or so) but welcome to the club!!!! WE TAKE EVERYONE <3

Archived