IGNORED

Sendai - Ground and Figure

auxien

Third album from them, previews sound impressive and distinct. Will be curious to hear the album as a whole, hoping it doesn't fall too sharply into sound design territory. That said, the pads and grooves present are pretty addicting. Vinyl already out, digital out in a few days. Album cover is an ear, maybe? 

https://boomkat.com/products/ground-and-figure

edit: The digital is available on Bandcamp for a little cheaper, and there's a full preview of the second track there as well. Solid song. https://editionsmego.bandcamp.com/album/ground-and-figure

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

for anyone else who's finances are a bit low from the holidays, this and the two other new editions mego releases (and everything else they've done) can be streamed on their youtube account.

Y'all this is really good. It's like Sendai doing a Vladislav Delay album. Because of that it can get a bit noodly at times, but in the context of the record it works rather well. Each listen it reveals a little more of itself, I hear different rhythms and juxtapositions of tones/etc. Worth checking out, not sure why everyone here is sleeping on it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
2 hours ago, eczem said:

I love this album.

it is very good, isn't it? haven't listened to it in a bit though, need to revisit it and some of their other stuff over the next few weeks.

i remembered i had some set or mix on mp3 and so hunted a bit online to find it, it's a recording of a live set that incorporates bits of their second album A Small Divide and i'm sure other things, is here: http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/podcast/little-white-earbuds-presents-sendai/

...and in doing so found that they've got a soundcloud, where apparently they uploaded basically an album/sketches? Sendai Open Deur. not seeing any info about this anywhere except soundcloud. not set to allow downloads but i'm sure someone around can grab the files...perhaps....please and thanks ?

oh here's their info, nice: 

SOD is short for Sendai Open Deur, which in turns is Flemish for Sendai Open Door. We're inviting you to take a peek into our studio proceedings, ongoing sonic shenanigans and other matters of auditory exploration. What you hear might at one point end up in a live set, or as part of a release. Work in progress, as it were....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, auxien said:

...and in doing so found that they've got a soundcloud, where apparently they uploaded basically an album/sketches? Sendai Open Deur. not seeing any info about this anywhere except soundcloud. not set to allow downloads but i'm sure someone around can grab the files...perhaps....please and thanks ?

Yeah! I just found their soundcloud the other day ... and I had just pushed play on this SOD playlist a few minutes ago. Some rad sounds so far.

• Like 1

Sendai is great, I first came across them on PvH's Time to Express on System Policy and Sustaining the Chain which are more dancefloor oriented; the albums, though, are the interesting part of the collaboration. As an industrial-experimental techno enthusiast I'm also very much into Yves de Mey's Grey Branches material on Inner Surface.

Edited by dcom