• Created
  • Last Reply

oh my analords. its so good to listen to you in au@umm. in these doom days

analoggins is perfect autum acid to go fucked up in the woods

or lisbon acid while drunk and fucked up beyound beleief

fenix is omfg is this happening for real

god i need to drop

• 1 year later...

The air raid sirens going off right now blend perfectly into VBS.Redlof.B (Bass Version), took me quite a while to realize that it wasn't just a detuned poly on the recording. Sounded quite a lot like the outro to bonus EMT beats. OK.

My god looks like everyone has forgot about Analord 02. 

Have you ever listen to a track named Phonatacid? cuz it is the best track. 

Checkmate!

The only problem I have with Analord 02 is that Laricheard is too short

Analords are still Richards best work

Very much up there. The track Phonatacid is one of my all-time favorites. The unknown and eerie, beauty-and-beast-vibes, distant moaning synths, communicating acid blips, vocoders and sluggish yet distinct tempo. The way it begins, breaks down, builds up again and before it bit by bit wears off towards the end, you get another kickass in your face acid lead . Can't get enough of this shit.

Yeah 2 is my favorite for sure. Lucked out and found both 2 and 3 at a local record store for pretty cheap a while back. They really are some of the best sounding pieces of wax I own. Truly made to be heard on vinyl

I think the Analords set a new standard in how Richard approached music making post 2005. He still hasn't dropped the acid, lush pads from old machines, Analordy beats etc.

Syro very much features echoes from the Analord phase...

I'm still amazed that all the Analords haven't been made as purchasable downloads on somewhere like Bleep

same here. I upgraded my whole audio set up earlier this year and really REALLY wanted to get the analords in WAV. not available for purchase tho. 9 months later i said fuck it and DL'd the whole lot in glorious WAV.  would have happily paid tho

To be honest, when it comes to pretty much any Aphex Twin release, I passionately love about half of it and am pretty indifferent to the rest, and it can take me a while to get to even that point.  And this is the musician I listen to the works of the most.  I still think he's much better at making music than at curating it into albums and EPs.  But everyone has their own personal playlists now, so it's a moot point, I guess.

**CONTROVERSIAL THOUGHTS AHEAD DON'T KILL ME**

I've had a really long thought about Analord and whether I like it or not, and I think over time I've come to see it as a great piece of work and it's very fun - especially 2, 8 and 10 (in my opinion)! W32.Deadcode.A is one of my all time favourite tracks, and Fenix Funk 5 is still an absolute classic. However, I think for about half the tracks in this series, in terms of composition and variation, I always just feel a tiny bit underwhelmed by them, and I sort of wonder in that sense why as a full body of work it's regarded as a classic by a lot of people. I mean, as a body of work of course it's your decision to put things together the way you want to (and I won't even question the ODS 2006-2008 ordering), but I think that personally just the succession of mostly 808/TB-303-orientated skeletal acid jam after skeletal acid jam confuses me a little why everyone's like "pure Aphex GENIUS" when I think that honestly, a lot of people have and still can make what he's done on Analord.

I don't mean to sound like I'm bashing this thing because it's great, seriously, don't get me wrong! But I just wanna hear some different viewpoints on here about why this release is regarded as his absolute best work by many people - I'm surprised there's less talk about his ICBYD/RDJ Album/Come to Daddy work compared to this series, but that could just be me and my big dumb ol' head, of course  :cisfor:

fuck you

Archived