All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This guy is creative as fukk lately? I tried to explain his music to my friends as dude on drugs in the park that feeds ducks and then goes home to make a track out of it
  3. Statik | Actress (bandcamp.com) bandcamp pre-order up now
  4. Just got round to listening to this now, it goes hard. Maybe a little lacking in his usual idiosyncratic production, its a bit more straight-ahead techno than usual but its quite interesting to hear his approach to that style.
  5. System Verse was on the first LXXXVIII w/ Actress mix for NTS btw! I am beyond excited for this! LXXXVIII (the album) was one of the best of last year for me and LXXXVIII (mixes) were even better!!!! Won't listen to any of the singles leading up to the release.
  6. Actress - Statik - new album out 7th June (smalltownsupersound.com) new album out June 7th. Actress — the moniker of British electronic producer Darren Cunningham — announces his new album, Statik, out July 7th via Smalltown Supersound, and shares singles “Dolphin Spray” & “Static.” Cunningham’s latest studio album is imbued with a sense of freedom and stillness. From conception through creation and release, Statik has been blessed with an almost unnatural ease. For Actress, who wrote the majority of this record in an extensive flow state, the celestial and expansive project serves as a testament to artistic liberation. “Static,” a shadowy and buzzy ambient track released quietly last week, sets the stage for the bouncy and twinkling “Dolphin Spray.” Once ‘inside’ the Statik experience, listeners may well find themselves newly calm and meditative. Of course, those well-versed in Actress’s works are well-traveled when it comes to fantastical flights of the mind. Transportive sonics that spark inner-voyages – whether through nocturnal cityscapes, or far above and beyond, through Saturn’s rings and past Pluto’s moons – are prime Cunningham terrain. Yet while Statik is unmistakably an Actress LP, it’s also distinctly aquatic and subtly primordial, and so offers his audience novel elemental atmospheres to flow through. Listening closely, influential visions of aqueous realms, such as the mythic Atlantis, and evocations of ancient ceremonies as well as flying birds (and, perhaps, humans) may reveal themselves. No matter if Statik inspires you to soar above or below the horizon, Actress and Smalltown Supersound promise you a safe and transcendent journey. Statik Tracklist: Hell Static My Ways Rainlines Ray Six Cafe Del Mars Dolphin Spray System Verse Doves Over Atlantis Mello Checx
  7. Today
  8. i wish my toilet would sound like autechre. according to this post it is by him (x2) tho.
  9. It’s really amazing how the Twitter landscape has changed. Check the comments under some commonly left leaning tweets or accounts. Like Greta Thunberg or news about people protesting against war or for the environment. 80% of the comments are extremely hostile and many look like bots. I wonder when this is actively starting to influence elections
  10. plot twist: Tony Farrell is a moniker of sea & rob, and all this is a pre-release teaser campaign for the next album
  11. Secret Stairs vol.2 by Various Artists This time around, we have put together the cassette tape of works by artists from Japan and all over the world. The label is proud to announce the release of [Secret Stairs vol.2], which features the work of several up-and-coming producers including "Anitta", "Funktor", "A/Filatov", "Jaquarius", "CH415", as well as "Methodd", "JIN-CROMNYON", "lee", and "Caramel Chameleon", who have all released or remixed on the label, and "Yuki Tosaya" will also participate. The acid and electro, techno based tracks are sure to inspire you. Designed by SUNTRA, as in Vol.1, the content is even funnier than last time, and is a wonderful addition to the collection that you will want to have in your family.
  12. Click "Ignore" and filter out the people you don't want to see stuff from. Milwaukeeeee only posts in that thread, so you won't be missing much.
  13. Is this the engineer who told me it was illegal for me to be recording the 2008 AE show in Vancouver ("Hello that's illegal! This is Autechre's sound engineer, halloooooooo!!!")
  14. Heavy perc, pretty sick when it all comes together a few times in the track.
  15. Beautiful track, especially the last half. Adam is still the king of harmonically rich droning guitar tones.
  16. Huge influx of jocks in my favourite thread on my favourite idm forum. Don’t know where to turn.
  17. That shit doesn’t exist! And if someone claims that sean has asperger’s syndrome that person has never seen one.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.