IGNORED

Remix Invitation

Guest Max

Hello Urban Sound Creators,

this is an invitation for a remix project on the recent metro 051

release, Thierry Massard's 'sube version', industrial sounds from the

past, 1979.

cover-front-big.jpg

As a coop-release with the kreislauf netlabel, metropublik re-released the original tape-record of 1979, while kreislauf will be releasing the remix project. yesterday announced on the mailing list of monsieur massard we already have interesting acts willing to participate, for example Bazaar, ocp, Max Marlow as well as others.

Please check it out. All kinds of ideas are welcome, the kreislauf label is known for having a great span of electronic music diversity. Entries are accepted in the usual internet-way of doing it, selection will be judged by T. Massard (original creator), A. Buttweiler (aka mogwai, kreislauf.org) and me.

You're working with what you make of the mp3's provided.

We're looking forward to make this happen (release online via kreislauf netlabel) within the next 4 weeks.

Max Marlow,

http://www.myspace.com/metropublik

awesome... got your message... i'm down... just need a little time since i don't have my equipment up and running yet!

awesome... got your message... i'm down... just need a little time since i don't have my equipment up and running yet!

great to see you around :)

Where do i send the mp3 once i have finished the remix?

by e-mail if you know my one, otherwise via pm :-)

you could also take the myspace message system and pm me there if you really like to

Where do i send the mp3 once i have finished the remix?

by e-mail if you know my one, otherwise via pm :-)

you could also take the myspace message system and pm me there if you really like to

Cool, i'll see if can get something good together.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

we have like 20 participating artists... and we're already receiving the first remixes (Dissolved, Coldicus Surburb, ...)

results are blasting!

like a submarine.

• 2 weeks later...

Last reminder. We are finishing in a week. :-)

Finished works are:

Dissolved - on 'organic'

Coldicus - on 'cargo engine'

Coldicus - on 'garage circles'

Phoenelai - on 'etc'

Phoenelai - with an error remix on Mushroom - werinth remix

Tatsu - on 'cargo engine'

David Abravanel - on 'etc'

Fred DeBief (Bazaar, Ascalaphe) is in the works of a 23 minutes monster, as well as another version of a still unkown track.

Daniel Maze is working on an unknown track and recently invited

Dave Zeal

As for WATMM ... asymmetrical head is working on an unknown track .... and i really hope to see at least Squee in!

I've put two mixes in the pool which are both almost finished.

So if you plan to enter... please use the original works as a source and send me a pm or email when you're done before dec, 14th.

I'll see if I can make it before monday :)

Is it possible to actually get any of the samples or do we have to use the MP3s?

this is restaurated audio from 28 years old tape. we're all working with these mp3's :-)

the oldschool way, like someone replied in a mail.

i dont care for pseudonyms... its particularly more about the style of your work.

can't wait :embrassed:

i'm almost done with mine... just adding finishing touches... probably will be done before or over the weeekend!

ten finger toes just sent in his 90% version... and with each version i am listening to from the competition... i'm amazed in how many ways people succeed to re-interprate and hold the original key of the sound and put their own in it.... its really amazing.

check your email!

very best of asymmetrical. definately gorgious material.

thierry is very very glad that you entered the comp. i shall send you greetings and his respect for your contribution... in particular AND general meaning.

@mcbpete ... i hope you do mate :)

Fuck! I haven't started yet and have just been asked to do another remix!

It seems as if I don't get to work on any of my own music anymore

i just logged in to send you a reminder :/

i honestly believe, that you'd pull out something sweet out of this

give it a try

Archived