IGNORED

Potential Relief for Tinnitus Sufferers

Joyrex

Further testing in guinea pigs revealed the best body parts to stimulate to shut off tinnitus, Lim says. He and colleagues tested the ears, neck, limbs, and “you know … other places,” he says, eventually concluding the tongue was the best target.

Guess you can try...

other places

7 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

The only relief is death.

I once thought this. I really believed it then.

But guess what? Haven't really suffered from tinnitus in approximately a year. Healing is possible. 

aphex got rid of mine:)

:aphexsign:

Irrespective of whether that works or not - Really loving the sound of that Lianne ! Like lovely ambient drone with scuttley bugs crawling all over the speakers

22 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Irrespective of whether that works or not - Really loving the sound of that Lianne ! Like lovely ambient drone with scuttley bugs crawling all over the speakers

Thanks mcbpete!! It seems there are a number of other tinnitus-related uploads (including on his page), but unlike other T-related sound things on youtube I thought this one was also just cool as a great piece of ambient music. ?

8 hours ago, joseph said:

I once thought this. I really believed it then.

But guess what? Haven't really suffered from tinnitus in approximately a year. Healing is possible. 

What sort of treatment did you have? Or did it just subside by itself over time?

33 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Absolutely! Reminds me of this:

@IDEM great! And wow - really like that Voices from the Lake piece also. Like the Robert Logan one I shared above, even though it's ambient/droney it has those high-frequency sounds that keep T okay (for some reason.) Some ambient music is just deep drones, which would be fine without T but with T going on they aren't so enjoyable. Great atmosphere - thanks for sharing.  

Did you guys manage to start enjoying music again with the tinnitus? And what caused it? A loud rave or gig (or few?)

Mine came out of nowhere slowly in February - I've always been mindful of not listening to anything too loud and I've worn music ear plugs for live events for the last few years. It came after a long period of recovering from a flu-like cold that lasted just before Christmas till the end of January - I'm totally wondering if I somehow got the whole CV-19 back then and this was the weird side effect from it. Still awaiting a proper ear examination.

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

What sort of treatment did you have? Or did it just subside by itself over time?

I'd chalk it up to two things:

1. I realized that I was grinding my teeth at night, and started wearing a mouthguard and curbing my caffeine intake. It turns out that the grinding was responsible for much of the tinnitus. I might have solved the problem sooner if I hadn't solely focused on loud-music-listening as the culprit. 

2. More generally, yes, I've found that it subsides on its own once I stop worrying about it. Giving it attention seems to "feed it" somehow. 

8 hours ago, joseph said:

More generally, yes, I've found that it subsides on its own once I stop worrying about it. Giving it attention seems to "feed it" somehow. 

There's a specific reason for that.  I have had constant tinnitus for about four years now and have found that it's much less intense now that I've accepted it as a part of my life.  It gets worse around allergy season, when I'm sleep deprived, or when I'm in a bad state psychologically.

Archived