IGNORED

Anna B May Wanderer - Remix

T3551ER

So, this is pretty cool. Got chosen as a runner-up in this remix contest - lots of interesting takes on this track (including a lot of talented folks) so pretty happy to be in the final compilation. A good experience too - particularly 'cause this is not my usual genre of music so was fun trying to figure out how to put a personal stamp on it. Links to the track on my Soundclown and the artists post with the compilation (worth clicking through to hear the other remixes - my m8 (Broken Cradle) got 2nd and his version is FANTASTIC) 

• 3 weeks later...

When I first put this on I thought "this sounds like something the DJ would drop around 2AM in his club mix, after seeing his mate get totally blown off by a pretty girl on the dancefloor. It's gonna start off kinda sad & then crank up the energy". And then SURE ENOUGH the dnb drops near about halfway in. Good work, manages two distinct moods & energy levels in the space of 3.5 minutes without feeling jarring. Also did not listen to the original yet so this is with ears going in unbiased

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yo that break kicks ass, love how it comes outta left field. Also that deeeep distorted bass at the end is super cool. I would maybe turn the hats down a bit so they're not so prominent throughout the track. Otherwise, sweet track dude.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:49 AM, Cryptowen said:

When I first put this on I thought "this sounds like something the DJ would drop around 2AM in his club mix, after seeing his mate get totally blown off by a pretty girl on the dancefloor. It's gonna start off kinda sad & then crank up the energy". And then SURE ENOUGH the dnb drops near about halfway in. Good work, manages two distinct moods & energy levels in the space of 3.5 minutes without feeling jarring. Also did not listen to the original yet so this is with ears going in unbiased

Awesome. This makes me so happy because it's totally the vibe I was going for but I couldn't have articulated nearly as well. Yeah, the original is ...  yeah, no face melting going on there. ?

On 11/10/2020 at 1:03 AM, Acedia said:

Yo that break kicks ass, love how it comes outta left field. Also that deeeep distorted bass at the end is super cool. I would maybe turn the hats down a bit so they're not so prominent throughout the track. Otherwise, sweet track dude.

Thnx! It's this amazing (and free) synth called Pendulate https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/third-party-plug-ins/chaotic-generator/pendulate

Designed by one of the guys from the original Eventide team. There's also a paid synth thats the big brother w polyphony that's worth looking in to. 

Agreed on the hi hats and thnx for feedback (ofc left this to the last minute so didn't do a particularly thorough job mixing)