Yellow Swans - Going Places (Reissue)

a0551233675_16.jpg

Picked this up this week. New band for me, although they were active back in the last decade and broke up in 2008.

This music is emotionally crushing - maybe not the sound you want to hear in current times. Still amazing.

Boomkat describe it best.

Perversely and brilliantly, Yellow Swans disbanded right at the point when they were tipping into wider recognition, just as the rest of the world was catching up with the noise scene which shattered into myriad strains of kosmische noise, Neo-industrial and power noise and would give us everyone from James Ferraro to 0PN, Wolf Eyes and Prurient. But a decade later Yellow Swans’ ‘Going Places’ feels like a scrawled note left by a lover who has fucked off to somewhere more exciting, and leaves behind a ragged palimpsest of memories, forgotten or suppressed emotions and maybe even an encrypted map of where to find them in the future.

https://boomkat.com/products/going-places-390db797-a1cb-433d-ac4a-63aeb8652548

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cloudbreaker
      "At the point where Plug’s “Drum’n'bass For Papa” intersects with oldschool rave jungle and freaked out jungle/d’n'b influenced IDM from the old masters is where the newest release from Bludclot Recordings dwells. “The Next Jung(list)” is a tongue & cheek affair from start to finish, it is also jam packed with undeniable retro-forward thinking jungle wickedness. Simultaneously laughing off and embracing jungle for jungle’s sake, he manages to throw some loose acid vibes and chin-stroking IDM in the blender with huge distorted kick drums and noise from more breakcore realms, then drizzlies the mixture over choice breakbeat workouts that make you wanna shuffle your feet as much as sit back and twist one up.
      To fully appreciate the release, take a gander at this laugh of a write-up in relation to the release and its cover artwork."

THX EKTRS
    • By dcom
      Surprising compilation from German techno label Figure - ambient, downtempo, IDMish material from John Beltran, The 7th Plain (!), Ralf Hildenbeutel (!!!), Moritz von Oswald, Kangding Ray and more.
    • By Goiter Sanchez
      Seefeel founding member Mark Clifford releases an EP of scraping, singing guitar tone experiments today on ‘Playback EP’! Some fascinating textures and novel wrangling of harmonics for those who like to hear ostensibly familiar sounds from an oblique angle.
      Buy/Stream here:
      https://markclifford.bandcamp.com/album/playback-ep
      A video for the first track ‘Blue-Fi I:
      “The basic tracks for ‘Playback’ were recorded 15 years ago during a four hour session at Playback Studios in Brighton, and with a resident engineer more accustomed to recording Eastern European orchestras than experimental guitar music. It was a time in my life when I needed to break some emotional glass and the intensity of the sound in the studio succeeded in doing that. Over the following weeks I played around with the stems at home largely using a GRM Tools plugin. The tracks were kind of shelved with the intention of eventually finishing them as an album but this was never fully realised.”