IGNORED

Royal Dansk Butter Cookies or How I Stopped Worrying and Joyrex Saved My Marriage

T3551ER

growing up, christmas time & royal dansk butter cookies

bringing back memories:)

glad they've descended back to their original location

• Like 1

I was following along perfectly until the part about your wife texting you after you arrived home, and then later after the cookies were delivered. do you guys text each other while you're both inside the same house? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zero said:

I was following along perfectly until the part about your wife texting you after you arrived home, and then later after the cookies were delivered. do you guys text each other while you're both inside the same house? 

T355IER lives in a large mansion. It's lonely on top of the world.

1 hour ago, cichlisuite said:

T355IER lives in a large mansion. It's lonely on top of the world.

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:

They're both mute, duhhhh... 

Its a combo of these. We tried to tie the rotting carcasses of our murdered servantas together and waggle them rhythmically but game of telephone and all that. 

No, but srsly, my wife goes to bed w the baby and then usually texts me to bring her food and stuff. Like ringing a bell but won't disturb a slumbering child

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Told ya :dadjoke: - I haven't been married 27 years for nothing!

???

7 hours ago, dingformung said:

I hated reading that. Such an annoying text

First thread in ages that contains something close to the golden era of watmm when I was just a guest lurker and you come out shitting on it. boo.

Fuck I regret replying to this and giving it attention. Sorry, carry on. 

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 3

What? Those things are awful!1! They all taste the same: a little bit of nothing mixed with a lot of sugar. My parents used to buy them, and as a child I'd eat 'em out of boredom, but I couldn't fathom actually buying some for myself nowadays (or for someone I love, for that matter). If I don't get nostalgic about sweets or snacks I had as a child, they must be really bad, lol. Oh well, horses for courses, I guess. Don't want to denigrate anyone's taste in cookies.

Are they still separated by those little paper cups inside the tin? Back then, that was kind of the best thing about them.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 8:11 PM, chassis said:

You can't trust biccies in metal tins. My childhood was full of fucking metal biscuit tins with sewing paraphernalia in them.

This reminds me of a specific glass-door cabinet at my late grandmother's house. The glass doors were covered with a very old, patterned wrapping paper, probably from 60s, 70s (to keep the light out). The cabinet was solid-built, the door lock had the most asmr pleasant smooth locking feel. The smell inside that cabinet was one of the most soothing smells I experienced. A mixture of ~50 years of storing coffee, sugar, vanilla, etc inside. It smelled like the nicest, most fresh cookies or cake or everything good and sweet and indescribable. All kinds of kitchen-like containers and jars inside... filled with stuff that was random and had nothing to do with the smell. Many hopes died with that closet.

• Like 2

On 10/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, IDEM said:

What? Those things are awful!1! They all taste the same: a little bit of nothing mixed with a lot of sugar. My parents used to buy them, and as a child I'd eat 'em out of boredom, but I couldn't fathom actually buying some for myself nowadays (or for someone I love, for that matter). If I don't get nostalgic about sweets or snacks I had as a child, they must be really bad, lol. Oh well, horses for courses, I guess. Don't want to denigrate anyone's taste in cookies.

Are they still separated by those little paper cups inside the tin? Back then, that was kind of the best thing about them.

Yes, they are