IGNORED

Com Truise - In Decay, Too

thumbass

56 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Ooo nice!

Wait, confused. Is the album titled “in decay, too”? What’s the preorder link for “synthetic storm” LP right under it?

The album is indeed called in decay, too. The bandcamp links to the album?

• thumbass changed the title to Com Truise - In Decay, Too
34 minutes ago, thumbass said:

The album is indeed called in decay, too. The bandcamp links to the album?

Yes but the second preorder link says “preorder synthetic storm 2xlp” ?

AE67C5DD-5B30-4577-AE9C-69E0F5D76023.png

must just be the name of the coloured vinyl ?‍♂️

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

Nice track! He can put out some really nice stuff, several tracks are in regular rotation on my playlists. I have a hard time revisiting full albums because they don’t keep my attention. “Nice background” music is kinda Ghostly’s M.O. I suppose. I mean that as a compliment and not as a slight.

6 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

His stuff is fairly predictable and ridiculously consistent but damn if it isn't really good. 

P much this. His live shows are good too if you ever have a chance to see him. Super nice guy.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

this might be totally obvious here due to the title of the album, but this is a compilation of older material. the bandcamp site had no info in this regard, but bleep does:

https://bleep.com/release/208082-com-truise-in-decay-too

More eagle-eyed fans will notice that the title of this record links it to In Decay, the 2012 compilation which brought together early Com Truise rarities with tracks from his Komputer Kasts series. In Decay, Too is no different - the sources of these tracks range from Soundcloud uploads to pieces made for Adult Swim’s Singles Club (‘Galactic Melt’).

5 hours ago, thumbass said:

Pretty sad about it being a comp album lol. Makes it even less inspired

Yeah, me too. Last I understood was he was going to step away from his usual sound a bit, seems like that’s not the case?

Iirc it was in an interview for persuasion system.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

gave it a listen on bandcamp and passed. I know it's a comp of older stuff, but IMO this sound is a little tired at this point. 

wonder if he'll ever revisit his Airliner or Sarin Sunday projects. or I'd be interested to see if he tried something different other than com truise.