IGNORED

post a pic of the view from your window

cruising for burgers

These really are amazing views and it’s quite cool to see what everyone looks out on on a daily basis.

This thread is very humanizing, I know we sometimes rip on each other, are sarcastic and even sometimes cross some lines and probably offend each other (whether we know it or not) but this is an awesome reminder that every single person here  is more than a username. Nice one @Tim_J.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, whosebrian said:

Bulk, do people lock their doors in your area?

Just curious, not endorsing home invasions.

? I don’t necessarily know about our neighbours lol - we joke that this is the community of perpetually open garages (many here seem to leave them open like... all day and night!?). But we lock our doors for sure! Lots of reports of car prowlers too.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

? I don’t necessarily know about our neighbours lol - we joke that this is the community of perpetually open garages (many here seem to leave them open like... all day and night!?). But we lock our doors for sure! Lots of reports of car prowlers too.

Michael Moore mentions it in Bowling for Columbine

Moore contrasts his portrayal of the U.S. attitude toward guns and violence with the attitude prevailing in areas of Canada where gun ownership is at similar levels to the U.S. He illustrates his thesis by visiting neighborhoods in Canada near the Canada–U.S. border , where he finds front doors unlocked and much less concern over crime and security .

• Like 2

Not sure if it makes a difference but our community is about 5500 people and the vast majority know each other loosely through a couple of degrees of separation? Block parties, community events etc are quite a common occurrence here. Very active community.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

21 hours ago, xox said:

42A154AE-D8C6-42A6-9310-614F5C66FAE4.jpeg

gel tab view:)

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, diatoms said:

42A154AE-D8C6-42A6-9310-614F5C66FAE4.jpeg

gel tab view:)

Hehe yeah almost ?

it’s actually an integrated mosquito net on my window and the photo is a bit edited/saturated with iphone’s pic editor

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dingformung said:

I wasn't aware birches exist in South Africa.

As far as I'm aware they don't grow naturally. These were planted by people and it's the only place that I have seen them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...