IGNORED

World3.tk Demos & Shit

Cryptowen

this where imma post WIP, samples, loops things like that. New albums will probably get theys own thread (I just put an album out last week! go kheck the EKT album forum plz if u wanna hear it). anyways here's a track from yesterday i made after staying up all night because i ate spicy peppers: 

http://world3.tk/trx/v/ScotchBonnet12.mp3

• Like 2

This has a really nice chilled vibe to it. I find some of the percussion a bit confusing - the clicking noise that sounds a bit like vinyl static works well during the quiet passage that starts at the halfway point, but during the parts where the kick is present it seems to clash a bit with the other drum sounds and ends up sounding like clipping artifacts or something, if that makes sense?

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, yekker said:

I like that second one quite a lot. It's repetitious but doesn't get boring.

ty! yah i'm trying to get better about holding onto my initial recordings of things. usually when i'm doing stuff for an album stuff gets edited to be a lot more complex, but sometimes i just want to listen to the versions that hold on a single groove like the second one (or are weird & minimal like the first one)

will probably work on this one more at some point in the future. i was trying to sample raymond scott into the ambient parts but it ended up sounding too much like jay dilla so i scrapped it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

will probably work on this one more at some point in the future. i was trying to sample raymond scott into the ambient parts but it ended up sounding too much like jay dilla so i scrapped it

I like the broken beat vibe you got going on in this! But I am not a fan of the high pitch noise at the start/end. I would also make this track shorter.

Edited by DeliKuvveti

Thanks for the feedback! I gotta admit I have what some (most?) would call an unhealthy addiction to putting high frequency squeels in my trax from, say, 2017 onward (around the time I got heavily into analogue distortion). I think it's a holdover from my origins as a noise musician - I remember being 13 & buying anything electronic I could find at Value Village, taking it apart, rewiring it so that it was only capable of producing ugly, piercing sqwuaks. Something about the sound just appeals to me, like a high voltage wire running concurrent to the bassline (I usually avoid them on album material though, out of consideration for the public at large)

As for the length, yeh usually when I do my initial take i let things run on as much as I can, treating the track itself as a number of slight variations on a theme, which I might thereafter selectively pull bits from to use on album material (usually album tracks are built from several different recordings which might have been taken months apart). track duration is one of the most fickle aspects of music, imo. I find even with the same track (mine or someone else's), depending on the mood i'm on when i listen to it I'll either want to hold on the same groove forever, or i'll be ready for the next development after a single bar

On 3/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, Cryptowen said:

i'm in the mood to post raw recordings again homefellows

btw the numbers in the title are counting up from ZOOM0001 back in mid February of this year

wasn't feeling 0445 but 0426 was really nice, if maybe a little slow to get going. liked it overall, the cohesion of it all sorta blurring together without getting washed out is a really great vibe. reminded me in ways of some Confield, just that sorta midtempo droney otherworldly thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, auxien said:

wasn't feeling 0445 but 0426 was really nice

ty ty. yah 445 is fairly representative of the kind of contrarian anti-techno i do a lot of (but usually don't put out) more just to sketch out alternative structural/textural possibilities than anything else. relistening to the afx SC dump has inspired me to adopt a more warts & all approach to putting stuff out (at least on my youtube channel, at least until i get bored of it)

the synths i used in those two tracks are part of pad sample packs i'm making, a local label asked me if i wanted to do a collaborative sample pack project with them so they should be public soooon

• Farnsworth 1

• 3 weeks later...