Skinny Puppy - Last Rights (2020 Vinyl Reissue)

Very nice, and it appears they'll be using the full size artwork as opposed to the scaled down version used on the 2009 2xLP +CD reissue. I have that one and the packaging is neat, but I've always loved this artwork so it's a shame it was so small. Wonder if it was due to lacking access to a higher resolution image. 

This was my intro to the band, in 1992. I'd been exposed to a bit of industrial rock in the year leading up to this, then a new friend after moving states handed this to me and said I needed to hear it. I took it home, listened to it while lying on my bed with eyes closed, and hallucinated. This was probably a year before doing any kind of drugs for the first time.

Oh another thing I meant to add, they seem to have skipped Too Dark Park with these recent reissues for whatever reason. All other pre-Last Rights LPs have been reissued by now. 

• Like 1

This album is a masterpiece! Glad to see it get mentioned here.

It's a shame they signed one of the worst deals ever so I don't think they see any profit from their albums on Nettwerk. 
One of their later labels also went bankrupt, and the singer basically got robbed of thousands of dollars from Pledgemusic. Brutal.

• Sad 1
44 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Oh another thing I meant to add, they seem to have skipped Too Dark Park with these recent reissues for whatever reason. All other pre-Last Rights LPs have been reissued by now. 

TDP is their masterpiece, IMO.  It was the first time I got to see them live, and it was mind blowing.  There was so much gore, some queasy girls in the audience left. 😆

(my high school gf also got the concert poster and displayed it until after we left college) 🤘

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

TDP is their masterpiece, IMO.  It was the first time I got to see them live, and it was mind blowing.  There was so much gore, some queasy girls in the audience left. 😆

(my high school gf also got the concert poster and displayed it until after we left college) 🤘

Would have loved to see them then. I didn't get to see them live until the reunion, but in all I saw them on 4 different tours in 3 different cities. I don't love any of their reunion albums but live, it works well with the classics.

I had a standard Too Dark Park poster, that was fun on acid.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sidewinder said:

I lost the jewel case and art for my TDP CD long ago. Would love them to reissue on vinyl for an even bigger poster.

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Would have loved to see them then. I didn't get to see them live until the reunion, but in all I saw them on 4 different tours in 3 different cities. I don't love any of their reunion albums but live, it works well with the classics.

I had a standard Too Dark Park poster, that was fun on acid.

I really gave up on them after Dwayne passed, it just wasn’t the same anymore.  Even The Process rang empty for me.  But I did see the TDP and Last Rites tours, classic SP. 🤘

• Like 1
14 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

This album is a masterpiece! Glad to see it get mentioned here

By far their best, IMHO. Definitely their nastiest, too.

That said, I already paid for it once and my sedate middle aged ass has very little need to own a copy of it again.

Edited by rhmilo

I see their entire discography as similar to autechre in a way... constant evolution, some ups and downs but everything is worth revisiting. I get the sense that fans would love if they retained a little more of their classic sound. They were creeping closer to it in the last album. I feel like the minority who likes it all. 

Edited by gnarlybog
56 minutes ago, Blir said:

It's either TDP or Last Rights depending on my mood. Both phenomenal albums.

TDP is a good album but LR is more original IMHO.