https://www.beatink.com/products/detail.php?product_id=11531

10282120_5f9961f568934.jpg

10282120_5f996216b921e.jpg

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ignatius said:

someone DM me the link to the japanese bonus track pls. :trollface::cerious:

I'm so washed out by PLUS that I thought you asked for n Cur and sent you a PM… ?

So… your joke kind of worked.

Let's wait for 2020.11.20 + shipping + leaking !!

Still not fan of merch. white hoodies are great, but the green band…

Edited by Sub0

11 minutes ago, yekker said:

Which is the better album?

PLUS, without a doubt - moar beets, longer explorative tracks, more weirdness! (I like some of the chordal exercises on SIGN too, but quickly cut half of the album from my playlist...)

• Like 2

Early impression here but I'm leaning toward "SIGN has a more cohesive artistic identity which stands out in a special way among their work, PLUS is more fun" 

Edited by Spamlet
  • Like 5

I'm proper loving PLUS.  Instant winner.

SIGN still hasn't really clicked but I expect it to meld into place at some point over the next 5 years.

It's weird because I still listen to ital tek's Outland album a lot, plus the Dream Boundary EP... and I was thinking this is my AOTY over SIGN because it's got the lush pads AND the beats....

Then the bros'chre go and drop PLUS.

lol sorry Alan

aybe gonna be pushed into 2nd place, we shall see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spamlet said:

Early impression here but I'm leaning toward "SIGN has a more cohesive artistic identity which stands out in a special way among their work, PLUS is more fun" 

pretty much my current thoughts exactly.

while puls is arguably ae doing what they're doing best, and which we the fanbois love by default, sign is more distinctive, adventurous (in context to their discography at least) and also has more of an album-feel (as in cohesiveness, flow and dramatic arc) imo. then again i'm only playing puls completely for the second time now so yeah... XP

hm unexpected release sudden.

listened all night and i have to say wow -

nota single "boring" moment on the whole thing. i love the progressive nature of many of the tracks. constantly changing. delicious sounds all through, lots of tension. i also appreciate that the whole album has a unique atmosphere and it doesn't sound exactly like anything they've done. from ecol4 -> the end it's pure awesomeness straight through. impossible to pick standout tracks atm cuz they all stand out

• Like 1

here to confirm that X4 is sexual and "pure cum"

SIGN is the album for the ovary relishing in sublime anticipation, PLUS is the joyous arrival of the sperm after a 1,000mph soaring to the destination. SIGN PLUS is pure fucking, sex, sexuality and sexulistic healing.

wearing the autechre hoodie and nothing else. walking around my apartment talking to my mom on the phone. SIGN playing in the kitchen, PLUS playing in the bedroom. yelling over the music at my mom asking her if i seemed cool when i was born. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 5
  • Farnsworth 5

ok i still don't get the inclusion of what seem to be remixes / alt versions of esc desc and / or gr4, especially next to each other and so late on the album, it really hampers its momentum for me. they're far from bad as tracks per se (although honestly i'm not sure if they actually add alot of fresh perspective on their originals) but they just don't work in context for me. sure, TM1 seems like a si00 remix, too, but the vibe is vastly different and it just fits as closer. lux can stay as midway breather.

this is really my only gripe with this record ftm. (and dre and marhide not being longer instead). soz.

First impressions:

While SIGN was confusing and honestly a little disappointing on the first couple of listens, and revealed its quality later on, this album is much closer to what I was hoping to get.  I would have paid the $20 for just two hours of TM1 open.  That synthesis of organic and mechanical sounds is exactly what I love to get from Autechre.  Also I loved the runrepik reprise in Dr. Dre.  Lux and X4 are runners-up after TM1, but like SIGN this album closes really strong.  They really know how to end an album.

Also, this one feels like it begins similarly to SIGN, with a sparse and sporadic opener, and both end with a flow of melancholic harmonies dying away with an irregular rhythm.

• Like 2