IGNORED

Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20

Blir

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

ok i still don't get the inclusion of what seem to be remixes / alt versions of esc desc and / or gr4, especially next to each other and so late on the album, it really hampers its momentum for me. they're far from bad as tracks per se (although honestly i'm not sure if they actually add alot of fresh perspective on their originals) but they just don't work in context for me. sure, TM1 seems like a si00 remix, too, but the vibe is vastly different and it just fits as closer. lux can stay as midway breather.

this is really my only gripe with this record ftm. (and dre and marhide not being longer instead). soz.

(actually i like the way pre esc fizzles out)

9 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

anyone noticed g 1 e 1 in ecol4? ecol4 sounds very NTS-esque altogether

I was thinking the bell from eO

Just now, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Or is it e0?

8 hours ago, cear said:

Says it comes with a commentary too. I think Japanese editions do feature write and things like that. Would love to get a translation of that at sometime. Wonder if Sign Japanese cd has a similar commentary text?

4 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

ecol4 = my jam

hells yeah. reminds me of Perlence Subrange 3 with those highs cut and everything feeling distant, like being outside of a club or something

51 minutes ago, eclipsis said:

anyone noticed g 1 e 1 in ecol4? ecol4 sounds very NTS-esque altogether

not necessarily hearing that, at least not yet!

35 minutes ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Or is it e0?

e0

1 hour ago, sigESANg11 said:

PLUS is another sick release ... thanks Autechre for saving 2020 !!!

Still waiting for my SIGN Lp to ship from the Autechre store, hope it arrives soon.  

i think Bleep is doing SIGN PLUS bundles now, maybe cheaper like that? i'd assume so because of shipping at least.

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

ok i still don't get the inclusion of what seem to be remixes / alt versions of esc desc and / or gr4, especially next to each other and so late on the album, it really hampers its momentum for me. they're far from bad as tracks per se (although honestly i'm not sure if they actually add alot of fresh perspective on their originals) but they just don't work in context for me. sure, TM1 seems like a si00 remix, too, but the vibe is vastly different and it just fits as closer. lux can stay as midway breather.

this is really my only gripe with this record ftm. (and dre and marhide not being longer instead). soz.

i'm not 100% on the SIGN tracklist, but generally have been cool with it. this one about the same, only listened once so far (on second listen now tho) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, endera3rd said:

Wonder if Sign Japanese cd has a similar commentary text?

Yes, it has the typical Japanese fold-out liner notes (which I can't read), and a red on black Warp logo sticker which is part of some "Warp Campaign 2020" where a bunch of releases come with different colors of Warp stickers, and if you collect 3 you get a Warp calendar. :catsalute:

• Farnsworth 1

5 minutes ago, manmower said:

Yes, it has the typical Japanese fold-out liner notes (which I can't read), and a red on black Warp logo sticker which is part of some "Warp Campaign 2020" where a bunch of releases come with different colors of Warp stickers, and if you collect 3 you get a Warp calendar. :catsalute:

Neat. I just read about the Polygon Window rerelease. Make sure to get that in December too!

Spent the morning listening to the new lead single from Crowded House (their 7th album 'Dreamers are Waiting' will get a conventional all-formats release in early '21, probably in time for their March NZ tour). Froom & Neil's sons are now in the band.

Now back to PLUS

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

X4 convinced me to get the vinyl again even though I said I would stop buying vinyl...

I feel pressured to get this on vinyl now that I've ordered SIGN on vinyl.. god damnit

2 minutes ago, modey said:

I feel pressured to get this on vinyl now that I've ordered SIGN on vinyl.. god damnit

If it turns out to be a triptych I'll scream.