IGNORED

Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20

Blir

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on all the comments here I’m p excited to hear this. Holding off until Saturday tho. Sounds like there’s a little something for everyone, for those that felt sign was a bit heavy on the melodic side. ?‍♂️

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

love the physicality and roomy textures of DekDre Scap B .. aside from the primary melody, it sounds like Perlence's (album version) souped up cousin. i get a certain Quari vibe (plyPhon + Perlence) from the opener... wish it were longer! sorry if this has already been observed and mentioned

3 hours ago, NED said:

its been mentioned before, but 'DekDre Scap B' kinda invites speculations about them using deckard's dream, no?

also, since bladerunnervibes are paramount in r cazt ?

(just curious - thought it was exclusively maxmsp these days...)

Well, Max/MSP doesn't preclude the use of samples - see Marhide and all those 808 cowbells (unless, of course, that's an 808 being triggered from Max. Or not triggered from Max).

3 hours ago, Username said:

Ok time for a schizopost...

While Sean only mentioned 2 albums prepared during streams, you guys joking about a "purple" 3rd got me thinking about that solo LPs theory again. If the colors on Sign move from reddish to orange on a dark background, and the ones on Plus move from yellowish to green on a lighter background. What if there actually is indeed a third that goes from blueish to violet on a near white background with a title that is some abstraction on Rob. Making Plus the "together" part in the series. What's more, with the whole catalogue numbers both adding up to "14" maybe these releases are only the first of the two albums he mentioned and there is actually still a "15" in waiting too.

RIB?

On 10/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

$22.50 for the record, and $13.71 for shipping...

Has anyone here found a more cost effective way of grabbing this, or is this just part of the price we pay for electing Trump?

I buy most of my new vinyl on Amazon at this point -- PLUS is $24 with free shipping on Amazon

On 10/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

$22.50 for the record, and $13.71 for shipping...

Has anyone here found a more cost effective way of grabbing this, or is this just part of the price we pay for electing Trump?

Purchase from local record store? If that's not an option, online music shops in the US would surely have these as well. Spot on.

On 10/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, jules said:

autechre-plus-1603893948-608x608.jpg.382d2bed21f809f543b8b6b240b30246.jpg

TMI open

On 10/28/2020 at 11:30 AM, springymajig said:

Overall what stood out to me the most was that SIGN was thick and syrupy and PLUS is far more sparse and dry. Like PLUS is the skeleton and SIGN is the flesh.

Spot on. 

I JUST finished my 3rd listen to this since yesterday morning, somehow perfectly timed with me catching up with this thread and being ready to post. On first listen it was clear I was going to enjoy this more than SIGN. Immediate stand-outs, just more fun and better replay value for me compared to the dense and somewhat depressing SIGN. I value both albums, I'm glad to have them both and will continue to listen to SIGN, but this is what I needed. I had a strong feeling that would be the case, glad it turned out that way. 

Thanks Autechres! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mic Finger said:

It may just be the power of suggestion, but I'm managing to find the album quite "green" sounding. With the exception of marhide, which comes off as a kind of rust/burnt umber/sepia sort of thing. I'm sure everyone cares ?

"It's greener than green green but not as green as green green green green [or gr4 for short]"

Forest Women | Waldo Wiki | Fandom

• Haha 2

I had the immediate same reaction as I did with NTS3 at the time, in that I don't need to endlessly listen to this NOW, because it is clearly awesome and a keeper I can play endlessly. It doesn't need work or time or anything. I'm pretty sure NTS3 remains my least listened to of the NTS 1-4 for this very reason. Same deal with the elseqs, I mostly listen to the 'lesser' ones in recent years. We've had so much material recently that the immediately awesome can get put aside for a while whilst the (seemingly) less incredible can garner the most focus in hope that it will click and go to that next level (as well).

Edited by Roo
  • Like 3