Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20

Blir

When got and listened to SIGN I was like "this is cool" but wasn't totally sold until about 5 to 6 listens. Then I went to get my tumor and right kidney removed. When I came home I realized that they released PLUS. Listened to it and was immediately like "THIS IS MY JAMS!"

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Farnsworth 1

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, QBLA said:

When got and listened to SIGN I was like "this is cool" but wasn't totally sold until about 5 to 6 listens. Then I went to get my tumor and right kidney removed. When I came home I realized that they released PLUS. Listened to it and was immediately like "THIS IS MY JAMS!"

I was gonna mock you in a childish way for not liking SIGN immediately, but you got a kidney removed to get rid of cancer? That's rough mate and I hope you will be alright and it was just a temporary disturbance of the usual business in your system. Fuck uncontrolled cell division activity. And yes, PLUS is the epitome of human existence & creativity

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 4

Seconded, hope you good QBLA.

At first listen to PLUS I was like aw yeah. This is what I want.

A bit further along the line I can't help (like many here it seems) but feel like SIGN hangs much better as an "album", it's much more of a piece. But now I'm thinking that it may just be a matter of pacing/track sequencing. Like there's a bunch of short tracks to kick off, then 2 epics broken by one short track in the middle followed by a bunch of SIGN offcuts then a final epic. Feel like there's a puzzle there to take it apart and put it back together in a way that flows better as a piece. Feels a bit sacrilegious tho. Still I might have a go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dingformung said:

I was gonna mock you in a childish way for not liking SIGN immediately, but you got a kidney removed to get rid of cancer? That's rough mate and I hope you will be alright and it was just a temporary disturbance of the usual business in your system. Fuck uncontrolled cell division activity. And yes, PLUS is the epitome of human existence & creativity

5 hours ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Seconded, hope you good QBLA.

At first listen to PLUS I was like aw yeah. This is what I want.

A bit further along the line I can't help (like many here it seems) but feel like SIGN hangs much better as an "album", it's much more of a piece. But now I'm thinking that it may just be a matter of pacing/track sequencing. Like there's a bunch of short tracks to kick off, then 2 epics broken by one short track in the middle followed by a bunch of SIGN offcuts then a final epic. Feel like there's a puzzle there to take it apart and put it back together in a way that flows better as a piece. Feels a bit sacrilegious tho. Still I might have a go.

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

yes, @QBLA i hope you're mending well! 

Thanks guys! Not quite cancer free, but I'm getting there.

I do like SIGN. I'm just used to the more abrasive side of AE from the past like 7 years. But I love the direction of SIGN after each listen.

• Like 9

So I had a dick around with the tracklist last night, ended up with:

1. DekDre Scap B

2. ecol4

3. 7FM ic

4. ii pre esc

5. lux 106 mod

6. marhide

7. X4

8. esle 0

9. TM1 open

I don't usually change tracklists, feel a bit presumptuous tbh. But I listened this morning and this worked well for me.

P.S. ecol4 has everything I could ever want in one track.

Edited by EXTRASUPER81
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, sexagon hun said:

Pretty spooky, wonder if these familiar (compression?) artifacts are part of the actual track, like when you try to make ultra-quiet stuff loud enough to hear. Maybe accidental audio

1 hour ago, eclipsis said:

the bros should start making soundtracks

There should be a biopic of the Autechre story, or maybe a series a la Wu-Tang: An American Saga. 

Start off on the mean streets of Rochdale, bus stop tagging, making tapes... Each series comes with a selection of unreleased tracks from the archives for that time period. I'm thinking, maybe Gary Barlow could play Rob now. Not sure about Sean, maybe Adam Levine? Both have acting experience, and would be able to tap into their vast musical reserves to nail the roles. 

Still loving PLUS, but no shipping update 😞

Edited by Shimon_Shimon

20 hours ago, sexagon hun said:

i like what i'm hearing, curious as to how it develops. might end up putting this between X4 and TM1 as silence before the storm instead of the sign tracks (and move pre esc between ecol and X4 instead of lux).

*queues for pms*

20 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

Pretty spooky, wonder if these familiar (compression?) artifacts are part of the actual track, like when you try to make ultra-quiet stuff loud enough to hear. Maybe accidental audio

most probably.