IGNORED

Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20

Blir

Do we think we should consider this an album or EP? The Warp catalogue # is 338. Could suggest that it's the 14th EP, which might be the case if AE live and OneSix/16-18 are considered the 12th and 13th EPs or non-album releases...

Edited by Mic Finger

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone pointed out, the catalog numbers both add up to 14. Plus, SIGN has au14. And PLUS has X4, and X is roman numeral for ten so X4 could be a way of saying 14. Also, si00 could be a cryptic reference to fourteenness, since silicon is element 14 and chemical symbol Si.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Farnsworth 3

12 minutes ago, Mic Finger said:

Do we think we should consider this an album or EP? The Warp catalogue # is 338. Could suggest that it's the 14th EP, which might be the case if AE live and OneSix/16-18 are considered the 12th and 13th EPs or non-album releases...

back of the sleeve says WARP LP 338, also all warp eps/12"s have WAP catalogue numbers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mic Finger said:

Warp EPs have catalog codes starting with WAP, albums start with WARP; Sign is WARP(LP|CD)329 and Plus is WARP(LP|CD)338, so they're albums by catalog code.

Ehh, duplicate comment, @AnwarAutokino was faster.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, fumi said:

BOC can't put out a single fucking track in seven years. It's gonna be the same as TH - they set themselves up to fail by making the wait too long and consequently giving fans unrealistic expectations.

TH is great. maybe because i don’t much care about other BoC, think it’s pretty boring. but TH is great and i’m sure their next one will be interesting at the very least. 

fuck expectations basically ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

An expected surprise, nevertheless, a nice one to have. Will be listening all afternoon. Loving the hiss on marhide. 

81JvU2oMwUL._AC_SY445_.jpg.e1cd4d5ffc7b2b92727910d82546bdda.jpg

needs a cow with a cowbell shopped in

10 minutes ago, splesh said:

As someone pointed out, the catalog numbers both add up to 14. Plus, SIGN has au14. And PLUS has X4, and X is roman numeral for ten so X4 could be a way of saying 14. Also, si00 could be a cryptic reference to fourteenness, since silicon is element 14 and chemical symbol Si.

quality post! 

8 minutes ago, AnwarAutokino said:

WAP catalogue numbers

wet ass pussy

1 minute ago, Mic Finger said:

Right, but it's been suggested that the fact that SIGN's Catalog # (329) added up to 14 was confirmation that SIGN was to be considered the 14th album (and retroactive confirmation that elseq and NTS should be considered "albums" - 12 and 13, respectively). I understand how catalog numbers work in general, but we're using them, in this case, to determine which album number in Autechre's discography we're dealing with.

I wasn't aware that these pseudonumerological exercises were a thing with Autechre, too.

23 minutes ago, sexagon hun said:

haha FUMI, Since the last BoC, AE has put out just under 17 HOURS of music - and for a while they dropped an album or EP ever few years, not sure making new music is really interesting to them anymore.

Lol, and how long people have been waiting for the rumored bocset? Meanwhile Autechre put out the repress of the Lego Feet with double the original material, the Warp Tapes 89-93 with 2 hours of unreleased old material free to download and the EPs 1991-2002 boxset. :cisfor:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dcom said:

I wasn't aware that these pseudonumerological exercises were a thing with Autechre, too.

At least since the time of Quaristice, catalog number 333.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, dcom said:

Warp EPs have catalog codes starting with WAP, albums start with WARP; Sign is WARP(LP|CD)329 and Plus is WARP(LP|CD)338, so they're albums by catalog code.

If they're the same LP and have similar length +- 1 min... Like M4 Lema is 08:49 and DekDre with 7 FM are 08:42... Anybody tried to play them simultaneously yet?

1 minute ago, Valleyfold said:

I saw some speculation that the last track on SIGN was made on a hardware analog, was there a source for that? 106 mod would suggest that too. 

I'm not gonna pretend to be able to tell whether marhide is using a real or sampled 808

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

I got to agree but I can't complain, I'm so stocked, love both albums !

I disagree. First of all "varietas delectat". 

On the other hand, I listen to SIGN+PLUS back-to-back now, and to pacing makes such a great sense. It feels very much like one whole two-part album. The flow from r cazt to DekDre is flawless.

what news to wake up to!  just starting the work day here though.. browsed the samples (tasty) but will save a full listen for tonight.  THX/SEAN/ROB 

pretty convinced it was the Find the Bathtub thread that pushed them over the edge to release it. thx @Squee

Edited by markedone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2