IGNORED

Autechre - PLUS 20.11.20

Blir

Ok so going off the theory that these are collectively considered their 14th album... what exactly were the 12th and 13th? Exai was 11. But nts, live sets, elseq etc don’t have LP catalogue numbers right? 

doesn’t rlly matter to me I’m just wondering 

• Like 1

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Ok so going off the theory that these are collectively considered their 14th album... what exactly were the 12th and 13th? Exai was 11. But nts, live sets, elseq etc don’t have LP catalogue numbers right? 

doesn’t rlly matter to me I’m just wondering 

It's just that... theory - aka humans seeing patterns in things that don't exist

• Like 1

@Joyrexmaybe? I don’t know. They’ve always challenged the notion of what a conventional album is so it isn’t far fetched to hide Easter eggs like that for the fans. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

1 hour ago, fumi said:

BOC can't put out a single fucking track in seven years.

do remixes count?

kidding. I hear ya. it is frustrating to think about when you compare what the other artists this site is dedicated to have done in the past 7 years vs. the brothers. sometimes you just gotta vent.

blugh gotta work while listening to this for the first time but hell it is what it is. that track with the cowbell sounded really cool.

also vinyl ordered ofc

Edited by mushroom

Just now, mushroom said:

blugh gotta work while listening to this for the first time but hell it is what it is. that track with the cowbell sounded really cool.

also vinyl ordered ofc

Same here, managed to find a gap to listen though, but keeping having to speak to people. Tiring. Need a special Outlook Autechre auto message to let people know delays should be expected with all responses, when new Ae drops.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Vistarsia said:

ordered this one on cd for my grandma as well

Hell yes!

Also, listening to the two synced as well as I can pressing play one after the other in my volume control, one in Clementine (PLUS), one in Parole (SIGN). If need be I'll make some mixes with my WAVs in Audacity but so far it's sounding pretty good even though one is like half a second or a second off from the other

4 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

Same here, managed to find a gap to listen though, but keeping having to speak to people. Tiring. Need a special Outlook Autechre auto message to let people know delays should be expected with all responses, when new Ae drops.

Yeah, I would need that too. Was listening to Plus during a Teams meeting though. ?

1 hour ago, splesh said:

At least since the time of Quaristice, catalog number 333.

So you mean to say that because 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 and Quaristice is Autechre's 9th album proper, it must mean that the catalog code encodes the album's sequence number? That's as probable to me as Draft 7.30's catalog code 111 being 7 in binary (4x1 + 2x1 + 1x1 = 7) denoting that album's sequence number (I just pulled this out of thin air by going through the catalog codes) - there are no other catalog code patterns that are discernible without pseudonumerological apophenia.

Edited by dcom

1 hour ago, sexagon hun said:

haha FUMI, Since the last BoC, AE has put out just under 17 HOURS of music - and for a while they dropped an album or EP ever few years, not sure making new music is really interesting to them anymore.

Back on topic;  yes, this IS confirmed a play on Sean, PLS (SIGN, PLUS) - We Did It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

It's more like 34 hours since 2013.

(all the AE_LIVE stuff, elseq, NTS, SIGN, PLUS) and that doesn't count any of that twitch madness or the warp tapes. Generous is not the word at this point...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dcom said:

So you mean to say that because 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 and Quaristice is Autechre's 9th album proper, it must mean that the catalog code encodes the album's sequence number? That's as probable to me as Draft 7.30's catalog code 111 being 7 in binary (4x1 + 2x1 + 1x1 = 7) denoting that album's sequence number - there are no other catalog code patterns that are discernible without pseudonumerological apophenia.

Draft 7.30 has 7 in the name. It's not always in the catalog number. Quaristice also has numerous 9s in the song titles.  Amber is a reference to it being the second colour of a traffic light. I didn't make this game up. And I agree that it can feel contrived and over reliant on apophenia but that's how it goes.

The syncing fucked up cuz of something on Parole's part with time between tracks. Will need to do the mixing.

Edited by splesh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, splesh said:

I didn't make this game up. And I agree that it can feel contrived and over reliant on apophenia but that's how it goes.

So where's the full write-up on all of these - who did make it up? I'd love to do some debunking additional research.

If you invert the SIGN album cover colors, you get this. Really close to where they landed, only I think the blue is a little more fitting. I kind of wish they just rotated the 4 ae bean shapes into a different configuration. Interesting choice...

Untitled-1.jpg.1c7f053f6293513991d9f274e75d5e01.jpg

edit: might as well invert 1 of the star photos for PLUS...

SJ_S2_Comp.thumb.jpg.d0bce1ac59079022505dc8823a19f640.jpg

Edited by jules
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2