IGNORED

Mogwai - As The Love Continues

Diurn

Wow, that sounds wonderful! I think I like it better than most things I've heard from them in recent years. Might be what I had hoped Rave Tapes to be .. 

I like that wavy side of theirs, a hint of Joy Division/The Cure suits them well.

this sounds sweet. i haven't heard any of their new stuff for years but i used to be really into them. EP+2 and my father my king are still stone-cold classics.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 11:19 AM, hello spiral said:

utterly innoffensive.

wtf happened to these guys

they've been doing this type of stuff since Happy Songs for Happy People, which was '03. 

On 11/1/2020 at 11:30 AM, beerwolf said:

When have they ever been offensive?

were you here back when there was a guy named Mosca that used to post? they were absolutely offensive to him. every time anyone mentioned Mogwai, he would chime right in with "cunts." it was hilarious because he meant it. apparently he knew them or something, and hated their guts.

Edited by zero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, zero said:

they've been doing this type of stuff since Happy Songs for Happy People, which was '03. 

yeah yeah I know, that album was when they started to lose me. Before then I'd seen these guys live more times than any other band.

But compared to this shit Happy Songs sounds like fucking Merzbow.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Is comprehensible that some of you don't like all albums, is a common thing between median/old bands. I lost their track after Rave Tapes, but still nice tunes on recent work. For me the pinnacle of the band was between that one and Mr.Beast... is always great news that Mogwai come back as they're excellent musicians, some bands can only dream of reaching their creative compositions.

Edited by Diurn
  • Like 1

Mogwai are the perfect band to spend a day discovering on Spotify. I think the problem is since Happy Songs/Mr Beast their albums are very patchy but do have some gems on. Especially Hardcore and Les Revenants. I’m not a massive fan of them but I always give them a good listen.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Fuck, this is nice. Really digging the bass. It's been a while since I've been excited about a new Mogwai album, but I'm very much looking forward to this one. Way to go, lads!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

On a decent run with Fridmann on these last couple of albums, finding new little avenues and cul-de-sacs for their schtick to travel down. Especially like the track with the mad string arrangement towards the end.

well now that I'm several alcoholic drinks in, I can certify this is an absolute fkin banger. OMFG Ceiling Granny. I've been singing along to it. getting drunk to Mogwai is the best. this is rano/pano good. good ol drunken soccer anthem/soviet sing-along/christian exhalation music to lift the fuckin spirits out of the fuckin dregs. how do these guys keep doing it. 

• Like 2