IGNORED

Jake Slazenger - Ace in the Hole

Rubin Farr

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Jake Slazenger - Ace in the Hole

Wow, samples sounds great. Can't wait to get into this one. Makesaracket has always been one of his top contenders for me. 

Mike's giving Aphex a run for his money in terms of volume of output though, at least throughout the 90's. Good lord, I had no idea he recorded that much music! 

• Farnsworth 1

On 11/6/2020 at 7:34 PM, NI64 said:

Good lord, I had no idea he recorded that much music! 

I remember reading that Paradinas had a myriad of tracks recorded on Betamax video cassettes and that he sent a huge amount of 90 minute tapes full of them to RePHLeX before Tango N' Vectif and Bluff Limbo were released.

Finally got around to listening to this (last Sunday). Love it, agree with @BaggerMcGuirkit reminded my a lot of Lunatic Harness vs Makesaracket. Solid Slaz album, nothing here sounds like B sides or anything! Need to get another couple listens in though.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 4:28 AM, thumbass said:

Sounding a bit toooo cheesy for me, sry mikey

lol I take it this is your first slazenger release? =/

Or have you been following the tracks/lore etc for the last 27 years? I don't want to make any assumptions on your age or anything. But the slaz releases have always had some intentional cheeze.

Basically the best track of all time (except trail quest and hector's house which were released under u-ziq of course)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

i wish i had saved the image from the planet-mu site in the 90s.. the one linked from the "send us your demos" FAQ answer.. it said DON'T SEND US THIS!!! and was a pic of CDr with the words "COCK CHEESE!!!!" on it in sharpie. 

• Burger 1

2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i wish i had saved the image from the planet-mu site in the 90s.. the one linked from the "send us your demos" FAQ answer.. it said DON'T SEND US THIS!!! and was a pic of CDr with the words "COCK CHEESE!!!!" on it in sharpie. 

dont you burger react me babe >=(

?

I've had enough burger reacts this week I'm about to have a qintrubletribinary coronary 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Burger 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

lol I take it this is your first slazenger release? =/

Or have you been following the tracks/lore etc for the last 27 years? I don't want to make any assumptions on your age or anything. But the slaz releases have always had some intentional cheeze.

Basically the best track of all time (except trail quest and hector's house which were released under u-ziq of course)

Yes it's my first JS release haha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thumbass said:

Yes it's my first JS release haha

Oh lol that could be it then! Yeah the slaz releases are intentionally like that. I love it. It’s like watching a 70s or 80s movie and seeing all the stereotypes of that era but... in album form. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Oh lol that could be it then! Yeah the slaz releases are intentionally like that. I love it. It’s like watching a 70s or 80s movie and seeing all the stereotypes of that era but... in album form. ?

Haven't listened to it with that mindset, I'll do that later then. I always find that mu-ziqs music has a lot of cheese but it doesn't always sound intentional.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Man so this is where Cockney-Knees Up went.. it disappeared from soundcloud and I had no idea why. I guess it's because it got uploaded to bandcamp as part of an official release.

Anyways, I enjoy this but is uZiq basically done with releases that aren't just basically compilations? Even Challenge Me Foolish were tracks from around 99.. not complaining since these are great tracks, but a large appeal of uZiq was his originality from album to album like Animal Collective, where he would create a new sound every release. It's pretty sad to not see that.

Edited by mclaren212

• 2 months later...

I had a listen to these Jake Slazenger archive tunes. I was quite excited when I came across them but to be honest there not really my thing. I just find the chords and melodies too obscure. It's weird because I'm a massive Jake Slazenger fan but these are too hard to enjoy lol.