Jump to content

Jake Slazenger - Ace in the Hole


Recommended Posts

  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Jake Slazenger - Ace in the Hole

Wow, samples sounds great. Can't wait to get into this one. Makesaracket has always been one of his top contenders for me. 

Mike's giving Aphex a run for his money in terms of volume of output though, at least throughout the 90's. Good lord, I had no idea he recorded that much music! 

  • Farnsworth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've not had a chance to listen yet, hope to queue it up tonight. 

 

Any thoughts yet? Classic slaz?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first half has some excellent stuff on it.  I need to give the latter half another go, but overall it's really good.  Not my favorite Slaz, but I'm very happy with it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2020 at 7:34 PM, NI64 said:

Good lord, I had no idea he recorded that much music! 

I remember reading that Paradinas had a myriad of tracks recorded on Betamax video cassettes and that he sent a huge amount of 90 minute tapes full of them to RePHLeX before Tango N' Vectif and Bluff Limbo were released.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got around to listening to this (last Sunday). Love it, agree with @BaggerMcGuirkit reminded my a lot of Lunatic Harness vs Makesaracket. Solid Slaz album, nothing here sounds like B sides or anything! Need to get another couple listens in though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 4:28 AM, thumbass said:

Sounding a bit toooo cheesy for me, sry mikey

lol I take it this is your first slazenger release? =/

Or have you been following the tracks/lore etc for the last 27 years? I don't want to make any assumptions on your age or anything. But the slaz releases have always had some intentional cheeze.

 Basically the best track of all time (except trail quest and hector's house which were released under u-ziq of course)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i wish i had saved the image from the planet-mu site in the 90s.. the one linked from the "send us your demos" FAQ answer.. it said DON'T SEND US THIS!!! and was a pic of CDr with the words "COCK CHEESE!!!!" on it in sharpie. 

  • Burger 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i wish i had saved the image from the planet-mu site in the 90s.. the one linked from the "send us your demos" FAQ answer.. it said DON'T SEND US THIS!!! and was a pic of CDr with the words "COCK CHEESE!!!!" on it in sharpie. 

dont you burger react me babe >=(

🍔

I've had enough burger reacts this week I'm about to have a qintrubletribinary coronary 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Burger 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

lol I take it this is your first slazenger release? =/

Or have you been following the tracks/lore etc for the last 27 years? I don't want to make any assumptions on your age or anything. But the slaz releases have always had some intentional cheeze.

 Basically the best track of all time (except trail quest and hector's house which were released under u-ziq of course)

Yes it's my first JS release haha

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thumbass said:

Yes it's my first JS release haha

Oh lol that could be it then! Yeah the slaz releases are intentionally like that. I love it. It’s like watching a 70s or 80s movie and seeing all the stereotypes of that era but... in album form. 😂

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Oh lol that could be it then! Yeah the slaz releases are intentionally like that. I love it. It’s like watching a 70s or 80s movie and seeing all the stereotypes of that era but... in album form. 😂

Haven't listened to it with that mindset, I'll do that later then. I always find that mu-ziqs music has a lot of cheese but it doesn't always sound intentional.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...